IO: First Snow Day of the Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Mama

Refugee
Well the kids are excited because we woke up to several inches of snow resulting in a Snow Day! They slept with their pj's inside out and spoons under their pillows--it worked! No school today!!

:envy:

This thread needs pictures. :D

Snow days are awesome. Sofar from what I can remember, we had a grand ONE snow day in all the years I went to school. One day we'll be snowed in, one day!

I'll try to post pictures later--it's still coming down pretty heavy! We probably have 5 inches already. It will be a white Christmas for sure!

The past week has been ridiculous. I'd venture to guess...mmm...maybe 7-8 inches of snow in that time frame, which probably puts us above last year's seasonal total already. :lol:

And yet, not ONE snow day. :grumpy:

Is that supposed to make it snow? :clueless: Never heard of that before! What's the significance?

I have no idea--just one of those "old wives tale" superstitions I guess. The Principal actually made an announcement at the end of the day yesterday reminding kids to do this!

A picture from early this afternoon:

IMG_0562.jpg

It looks like we got about 9 inches--and it's not even Winter yet! We won't see the ground again until late March if we are lucky. I'd gladly share all this white stuff with those of you who want it--I'm sick of it already!

Fuck snow. I hate snow.

Bah Humbug!! :angry:

This. SO much of this.

:sigh:

We only have a light dusting here, but several area roads are closed because of accidents due to black ice. I was supposed to drive up to KW today, but they're in the midst of giant snow squalls off of Georgian Bay. Nice.

:angry:

Just read that Orillia/Southern Muskoka could get 80 cm by tonight. That's about 32 inches. Crazy.

We only have a light dusting here, but several area roads are closed because of accidents due to black ice. I was supposed to drive up to KW today, but they're in the midst of giant snow squalls off of Georgian Bay. Nice.

So, the trip I avoided yesterday, I had to take today. It's still friggin cold and windy here, but no snow to speak of. The place I had to go is an hour north of me. Got to 20 minutes north, and there was a little snow accumulated, blowing, whiteouts. The closer I got to my destination, the worse it got, till I was in blizzard conditions, heavy snow, about 10 - 12 inches of accumulation, treacherous roads, numerous accidents and cars in ditches. I got stuck in the driveway of the place I was at, and finally got out with much help. I was wet and cold, and I'm still freezing. What should have been a 2 1/2 hour trip took me 5 hours.

What kind of fuckery is this?? :angry: :shivers: Can it be spring now? :depressed:

:)

Though I think I would like to visit it for a few hours. Then come home.
I don't live where it snows. :D

And :hug: for VP

Can I still visit for the winter? Is that invitation still open? :love:

The temps have gotten more normal here. It rained today. We're supposed to be warmer and have rain for the next few days, so the snow that's in KW (where Sarah's going to school) will probably be gone.

But it'll be back. Oh yes, it will. :|

It snowed today. :sigh: It wasn't much, but any amount is too much, in my opinion. Thankfully it's supposed to turn to rain by Tuesday, but that's not soon enough for me. :lol:

Can I still visit for the winter? Is that invitation still open? :love:

The temps have gotten more normal here. It rained today. We're supposed to be warmer and have rain for the next few days, so the snow that's in KW (where Sarah's going to school) will probably be gone.

But it'll be back. Oh yes, it will. :|

Ok I'm tryin to figure out what KW stands for--I know it can't be Key West....although it sounds like you wouldn't mind if it did!

We had freezing rain last night, but warmer temps today--hopefully no more snow this week...but you never know!

Back
Top Bottom