IO: First Snow Day of the Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont mind snow but unfort these days kids DONT play in it, instead they try to knock the hell out of someone's house window, car, head, etc............Ive witnessed it, and Ive heard of people going apeshit crazy and wanting to kill kids that do it, and would.

:crack:

A picture from early this afternoon:

IMG_0562.jpg

Wow, beautiful! I'm jealous since we haven't had this here since the winter of 1995/1996! Normally the snow is gone in one day.

It is said in the weather forecast that it's going to snow today (Netherlands). It's very cold and cloudy already!:love:

I dont mind snow but unfort these days kids DONT play in it, instead they try to knock the hell out of someone's house window, car, head, etc............Ive witnessed it, and Ive heard of people going apeshit crazy and wanting to kill kids that do it, and would.

:crack:

That's so sad....in my neighborhood the kids do "normal" things like sledding, building snowmen and snowforts etc. On the snow day my kids were outside for over 5 hours (with a few hot cocoa, food and potty breaks). There were no broken windows, cars or heads! Just a ton of wet clothes and tired kids!

:D Thanks, I love her dearly as well. She's such a dork, hates cold and snow and ice and everything, but when you hand her a snowball, she loves it. Starts licking until it's molten, and when I put them in her water bowl, she'll happily gulp down all the water.
After she licked that one up she ran back inside shaking the snow off her legs though. :giggle: Wussy!

I've been enjoying hearing about the snow all over England, Europe, the East coast etc and seeing photos and videos people here and on Twitter are sharing. Kinda makes me feel blessed and a bit guilty...here by the beach in So Cal it's sunny and warm, near 70 in the day, dropping to, oh, upper 50's at night. No snow here. :|

In Jersey, it started snowing around 1am and it's not supposed to stop till 2am tomorrow. We already have 16 inches out there.

Wow! :envy: That's rather nice! :ohmy:

:D I hope it starts again soon!

We have had a lot of snow today :D Only thing I'm dreading is when it melts slightly, then freezes over. We were at AH last night and the carpark was like an ice-rink. :crack: It was the same last year. Surprised they don't grit places like that.

Have you seen the winterweer foto's on nufoto.nl? Some really good ones there!

Well, that's easy to explain. We'd love to grit, but the city's too cheap to provide us with the salt/sand to do it. :happy: Our manager tried to order stuff but it wasn't 'bad enough' yet or something like that. I think he found another way but that meant getting it tomorrow or tuesday. Ah well, at least the pavement's clean.

No I haven't yet, thanks will take a look! :D

Well, that's easy to explain. We'd love to grit, but the city's too cheap to provide us with the salt/sand to do it. :happy: Our manager tried to order stuff but it wasn't 'bad enough' yet or something like that. I think he found another way but that meant getting it tomorrow or tuesday. Ah well, at least the pavement's clean.

No I haven't yet, thanks will take a look! :D

It's really awful. Even when it was really bad in January, nothing was done about it :rolleyes: There's some very funny photos on that site :D

Snow. :heart:
This was our street this morning:

DSCN2705.jpg

Pretteh! :love:

:D We had 10 cm this morning, with more snow expected tonight. Went groceryshopping with mom today, we were gone for 2.5 hours walking around the snow!

Yesterday I couldn't go to work because of the snow! There were no busses going to Tilburg, so I had a day off!:hyper:

:hi5:

I don't think there have been many trains either. Thankfully I changed my Christmas plans. If I'd been going home, it would have been this weekend and I wouldn't have made it out of the country.

Yesterday I couldn't go to work because of the snow! There were no busses going to Tilburg, so I had a day off!:hyper:

I couldn't go in on Sunday because I couldn't get my car out. That's ok because I'll have overtime this week and I get paid time doubled on Thursday because it is Christmas Eve.

Back
Top Bottom