IO -Fact

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The truth is, frequent hand washing can inactivate any strain, and is much more effective than the vaccine.

exactly! i'm a big believer in frequent hand washing (not just sticking my hand under the faucet for a second, but actually using soap!) and also those sanitizing wipes. though it won't protect me everywhere, at least at home i use them on all doorknobs and toilet handles. i figure it's gotta help a little!

exactly! i'm a big believer in frequent hand washing (not just sticking my hand under the faucet for a second, but actually using soap!) and also those sanitizing wipes. though it won't protect me everywhere, at least at home i use them on all doorknobs and toilet handles. i figure it's gotta help a little!

That's awesome! It actually helps a lot! :)

During this time of year I make a habit of carrying hand sanitizer in my purse.

That's awesome! It actually helps a lot! :)

During this time of year I make a habit of carrying hand sanitizer in my purse.
that's what i was hoping. given my grandma lives with us and she gets sick just by saying the word flu, i try to not only prevent her from getting sick as often, but also prevent me and the rest of us from getting sick too. i'm done with my incubation period and am happy to report no one in my family seemed to get sick. :yippie:

and yeah, that's a good idea. i might just start doing that just to be on the safe side. this is only the third serious illness (though that's a bit of an exaggeration, i just mean the third time i've had something worse than strep or a sinus infection) i've had in my entire life, i'd prefer to keep that number low!

glad the incubation is over! the sanitizing is a great idea. also, for yourself, just keep nourishing your body with the proper nutrients to maintain a strong immune system, and hopefully you'll be free of infection. :)

glad the incubation is over! the sanitizing is a great idea. also, for yourself, just keep nourishing your body with the proper nutrients to maintain a strong immune system, and hopefully you'll be free of infection. :)
thanks! :) and i'm trying! i've been drinking a lot of the revive vitamin water (originally it was because only that and tea felt good on my throat - oddly enough plain water hurt!) which i hope helps. 100% rda vitamin c and 50% for several b vitamins. oh and thanks doctor mia! :love:

I should admit that I'm also horribly averse to needles. :lol:
ha, really? for me it's never been a problem. as long as i don't watch it going in or anything, i'm fine. plus i'm way too addicted to tattoos. :lol:

you're welcome! sounds like you're doing great! since you are taking in a lot of vitamin c, be sure to include foods with calcium and magnesium to help with absorption of it. i don't recall whether you like seafood, but omega-3s will also help a lot. so if you can add some salmon to your food plan that will definitely help too :)

i don't really get vaccinations save for the one my school requires. but, i do kinda like the sensation of the needle. i watch it happening every time :reject:

I watch it, too. Want to see that they do it right. :D And am always interested in a way.

I used to get allergy shots 3x a week. Needles don't bother me. I have never had a flu shot, though. My husband said the one time he did, he got sick. He's never had one since.

I will admit I'm a little nervous about H1N1 and my kids. I don't know whether to get them the shot or not. They are in the risk group and I cringe thinking about how exposed they are at school and the gym.

The only people I know who get the flu jab every year are those with health problems or elderly folk.

I watch it, too. Want to see that they do it right. :D And am always interested in a way.

I always want to see it. When I had an operation when I was younger I wanted to watch them putting the needle in my hand. They tried to fool me with some lousy game but I kept asking to see it. They made a nurse block my view and told my Dad to distract me with the damn game. I found it really traumatic because I could feel everything but couldn't see what was happening.

I have a doctor's appt. in November, so I will probably get it then. I never used to get flu shots, but since I have an illness that affects my auto-immune system, the doctor recommends I get one every year from now on. So I think I've had 2 or 3 so far. And luckily the doctor's appt. is after my "insertbandnottobenamedhere"'s concert, as I wouldn't want to be sick beforehand.

And I wash my hands with soap and water A LOT now, way more often than I used to. Better to be safe than sorry!

I have a doctor's appt. in November, so I will probably get it then. I never used to get flu shots, but since I have an illness that affects my auto-immune system, the doctor recommends I get one every year from now on. So I think I've had 2 or 3 so far. And luckily the doctor's appt. is after my "insertbandnottobenamedhere"'s concert, as I wouldn't want to be sick beforehand.

And I wash my hands with soap and water A LOT now, way more often than I used to. Better to be safe than sorry!

I have a similar illness, so I have a flu shot every year. In the last 3 years I've had one viral illness where I was off work for 2 days and a couple of sniffly colds that maybe I had 3 days off in total in that time.

And I have to have regular blood tests, so needles are no problem. I just sit there and watch, and judge the IMVS nurse's technique (I now have my favourites, and will only go to the clinic if I know they're on duty).

*faints smiley*
i operate under the theory that all needles are doing good things for me, since i'm not shooting up on heroin or anything...but i can't speak for everyone on interference. i'm happy to be morbid and look, it's wrong but i do it anyway.

i have determined it's slightly less painful in my left arm than my right, although given the mark from my last blood test on tuesday is still there it may have been technique rather than a more sensitive right arm.

you're welcome! sounds like you're doing great! since you are taking in a lot of vitamin c, be sure to include foods with calcium and magnesium to help with absorption of it. i don't recall whether you like seafood, but omega-3s will also help a lot. so if you can add some salmon to your food plan that will definitely help too :)

i don't really get vaccinations save for the one my school requires. but, i do kinda like the sensation of the needle. i watch it happening every time :reject:
oh hell yeah, at the very least i drink tons of milk. i love seafood too, though i hate salmon. though coincidentally i have a meal planned this week involving cod. :hmm:

oh i totally understand, the only vaccination i've had this decade is a tetanus shot, which i've actually had three of. :lol: i needed one in 01 for college, then had another one in 05 when i was in my car accident, then again like two years ago for college yet again! i don't think i'll ever get tetanus now!

*faints smiley*

Can I have that multiplied by 1000, please??

I really hate needles. Used to have my blood tested like 4-5 times a week when I was younger, and still afraid of needles today. I always close my eyes and warn the doctor/assistant that I truly do not like needles (understatement, I usually say that a little differently ;) ), and luckily they always care. Even have to look away when the needles don't involve myself. You don't really want to know what happens otherwise.

oh i totally understand, the only vaccination i've had this decade is a tetanus shot, which i've actually had three of. :lol: i needed one in 01 for college, then had another one in 05 when i was in my car accident, then again like two years ago for college yet again! i don't think i'll ever get tetanus now!

That is stupid. A tetanus shot lasts for ten years. It's totally useless to give another one. Why are colleges requiring a new shot?
Or is the vaccine so much different between the countries? :crack:

That is stupid. A tetanus shot lasts for ten years. It's totally useless to give another one. Why are colleges requiring a new shot?
Or is the vaccine so much different between the countries? :crack:
i know! the hospital gave it to me to be on the safe side since it's not like they could access my records, but i was shocked when my college sent me that letter saying i had to have it again! it still hasn't been ten years since i had the one in 01 so i'm sure i've got enough of the vaccine in me to keep me good for life! :lol:

pokemon_Ditto.jpg
?

I've never gotten a flu shot and have never had the flu, at least bad enough to remember. Also, according to my mom, the only time I've ever been on antibiotics was when I was really little and had a double ear infection. I rarely get sick, and when I do it's not that bad. Last Saturday I developed a sore throat, which turned into a stuffy nose and cough. I loaded up on the vitamin C and took some Dayquil and I'm almost back to 100% :up:. I like to chalk that up to my immune system working the way it's supposed to and to my mom who is always telling me to wash my hands (seriously, the first thing that she says when I come home from college is "Wash your hands!!", not even hello :lol: ).

Back
Top Bottom