IO: Facebook has been blocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My school blocks practically everything, but somehow Facebook is still OK (MySpace is not).

I've never tried Interference and don't intend to.

Any networking site has been blocked at my school, but I can still get on Amazon, eBay, NetFlix, and Interland just fine. Oh, and YouTube has been blocked, too, which makes finding clips in TV Production 1000 times harder than it should be.

yeah, at my high school they blocked...youtube, facebook, myspace, ebay, and anything that had various random words the school deemed 'inappropriate'

sometimes the block is up at my school for facebook and myspace but i can always get on here :evil:

Nothing is blocked over here! :D

Sometimes, a little box opens and it says You shouldn't be looking at this! or Go do your homework! :lol:

But we can still go!

LemonMacPhisto said:
Any networking site has been blocked at my school, but I can still get on Amazon, eBay, NetFlix, and Interland just fine. Oh, and YouTube has been blocked, too, which makes finding clips in TV Production 1000 times harder than it should be.

Thats the EXACT same thing with my school.

My school makes no sense.

Blocked:
MySpace
Home E-mails
Games
Fantasy Sports

Allowed:
Facebook
YouTube

No consistency there. :huh:

youtube isn't blocked b/c students post their digital media projects on there. Myspace has been blocked forever. Thank god the blue crack isn't. I just have to click a button that says "continue to the site for work related purposes?" Yeah.... work related.... that's it!

Just remember, if they are blocking, there is a highly likely probability that they are also keeping track. surfalone just bypasses the block. If they have monitoring (or worse still, keylogging) running on your workstation, and they are fully within their right to, you're still fucked. You just won't know it...well till they fire you. Be careful.

Back
Top Bottom