IO: Choose your footwear carefully!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I didn't & am now sporting a quarter-sized blister on the ball of my left foot. :down:

Long story short: I've been promising myself & a neighbor for weeks now that I'd start walking with her in the morning. Finally got my self in order & was up at 5am yesterday to walk 5 miles. Sadly, though, instead of grabbing my Saucony's I opted for my little slip-on Sketchers. :doh: Bad choice - they're fine for quick little treks to the mailbox or even a fast errand or two, but not 5miles of pavement.

Besides taking a break today, though, I'm not going to let this stop what must become my new habit (daily exercise) - I'll be riding my bicycle those five miles tomorrow morning. :madspit: Take that, evil forces of the universe that are conspiring to keep me fat!!! :lol:

Ugh I know what you mean! :hug: My first Zumba-lesson I forgot to take proper shoes with me, I had blisters on each big toe for like 3 weeks :crack:

Good footwear ftw :up:

I used to run track in high school and used to get blisters all the time. They really hurt

Yikes! 3 weeks?!?!? At least I'm just limping along with one lame foot! :laugh:

Yes, because they were directly under the big toes, so you walk on them with every step, and those Compeed blister pads didn't help much either :crack: Took 3 weeks before the pain was gone!

Hope yours will be gone soon :hug:

Here's just a little tip:

Do NOT wear converses when you're walking through Paris the whole day, and then afterwards go to a certain band's concert where you stand and jump around all night and then have to walk back to the subway, stand again cause it's so busy and then walk to the hotel.

My left foot had a HUGE blister the size of at least a 2 euro coin. And it stayed on my foot till... I think it was Dublin 1 when it was finally popped. Then ofcourse a 2nd one arrived the night after the gig. :happy:

And another small one on my littlest toe too.

I love my converses, they're great shoes. Just not for citywalks.

Here's just a little tip:

Do NOT wear converses when you're walking through Paris the whole day, and then afterwards go to a certain band's concert where you stand and jump around all night and then have to walk back to the subway, stand again cause it's so busy and then walk to the hotel.

My left foot had a HUGE blister the size of at least a 2 euro coin. And it stayed on my foot till... I think it was Dublin 1 when it was finally popped. Then ofcourse a 2nd one arrived the night after the gig. :happy:

And another small one on my littlest toe too.

I love my converses, they're great shoes. Just not for citywalks.

Oh jeez, I have learned the hard way about not wearing Converse for more than like, 6-7 hours straight if I'm gonna be walking around all day. :crack:

What do you recommend for Zumba? I wore regular sneakers and by mid lesson I had to take them off. We were also on carpeting. :huh:

Well I was lucky our sports' store had a special offer on sports' shoes. But I have sports' shoes for indoor fitness/aerobics now, they give special support especially for the toes and ankles. Really helps!

Back
Top Bottom