IO# Can't sleep remedies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
What do you all do when you can't sleep?

I have tried drinking caffeine free tea, reading, watching tv, walking during the day to be tired at night, sleeping aids and so on so forth.

:help:

:yawn: The last 2 nights have been horrible for me. I didn't fall asleep till 3 on Wednesday night because I kept thinking I was hearing things in the garage (it shares a wall with my bedroom). Then last night I had a sleepover and my friends fell asleep really early so I was left laying in my sleeping bag for a couple hours :angry:

Usually I try to put the TV on really low volume. That usually gets me to sleep, as long it's not something I'm really interested in. Or I get out my iPod and put U2 on shuffle and listen to the slow songs like Running To Stand Still and Grace. That gets me to sleep most of the time, and I wake up in the morning with a dead iPod :lol: But more suggestions would be great too because those definitely don't always work!

(good thread idea!)

I listen to my Ipod every night as well, this "lack of sleep" thing as been going on for over two wks. It's just hard because I used to be the type to go to bed by 10pm and get up by 6am. Now it ranges from bed by 12am or 1am to up by 6am. In the morning I feel like crap because I am not getting enough sleep. I have med to help but it makes me groggy the next day because I haven't gotten used to it yet.

Even though I haven't been able to sleep well either the past few weeks (and normally I have a weird sleeping pattern as well), but a ritual usually helps. As in, doing the same things every night before going to bed. That can be listening to music, getting yourself ready for bed in the same order. And try to go to bed around the same hours, especially during the week. During the weekend, it may vary a bit of course, but a stable sleeping rhythm during the week is very important.

May I ask what kind of meds you are taking? A good substitute for real sleeping pills is melatonin. It comes in all kinds of varieties, but it helps your body create a normal sleeping pattern again. And a big plus side, you don't feel groggy in the morning because it is only a natural add to your body producing melatonin. No weird chemical stuffs.

What is very important as well, as if you wake up in the night and you can't sleep anymore, GET out of bed. Go watch some TV, read a bit or something but get out of your bedroom, so that your body will relate not sleeping to not being in bed, and relate sleeping to being in bed. It is proven that this really can work. Tossing and turning and lying awake doesn't do you any good. So you could try that too. I know it may be frustrating the first couple of nights, but then your body will get used to it (hopefully).

Good luck!

milk gives me heart burn,:lol:. Otherwise I would give it a try. I have also tried a nightly routine too. I guess I will just have to wait it out. Thanks for the suggestions.:applaud:

Take a nice warm bath with a Lavender foam, soap, whatever. Spritze your bed linens with a concoction of appropriate essential oils (i.e. a mixture of ylang ylang and sandalwood). And, if possible, have someone give you a slow and relaxing massage. I hope you'll back back to a normal and restful sleep pattern soon.

Drink a two cups of herbal tea with chamomile, lavender and valerian. It helps me alot, you'll fall asleep within half an hour!

Warm milk with honey also helps to fall asleep and it stops the craving for a midnight snack.:hyper:

Good luck and good night!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Happy to report the med that I am required to take has finally kicked in so I have been sleeping a little better like how I was before the craziness began.:D

Back
Top Bottom