IO: Black Friday is almost here and I'm not ready to die yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floweravalanche

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Where the streets have no name, In God's Country,
It's official Black Friday is almost here, and I work retail, lucky me, and even more lucky I open at 4am and probably get to watch people kill each another or me even (I work registers). I'm not ready to die yet, and I don't get paid enough to give my life on the line like this, for all you crazy people that come out on this evil evil day.

So it's official black friday is here, and I'm preparing for my death.:uhoh:

Ok, I have to work the dreaded "Midnight Madness" at my mall.
Thanksgiving night at Midnight. I get there at 10:30 pm. ON THANKSGIVING night!:|

The amount of people going to our mall is ridiculous. You have to see it to believe it.
:doh:

I used to work at the local mall when I was a teenager. I think some people are a little crazy to get up at 3am to go to a sale that will be there the week before Christmas.

I think we need a support thread for all of us retail workers. We don't have black friday here in Canada but Christmas is coming up and I'm already dreading it. :down:

now you guys know how stadium security feels :p

carlos - i'm going to go to your mall with a sharpie and a notebook then we're all going to bum rush the doors when they open

-dan

my sister worked at circuit city 10 years ago (give or take a year), and i don't remember black friday being as crazy as it is now.

i dropped her off for work one year and there were just a handful of people there and she got pissed.

we laugh about it now...major props to everyone who works through it this year :up:

-dan

now you guys know how stadium security feels :p

carlos - i'm going to go to your mall with a sharpie and a notebook then we're all going to bum rush the doors when they open

-dan

LOL! :love:

é :wink:

(Hold the Alt key down while typing 130, on a PC of course)

éééé.......I am so excited about this...:hyper:

I don't get out much....:|

anyhoos, I do not do Black Fridays, only for U2 will I get insane and wake up early, stand in lines and subject my body to being crushed and bruised.

My sympathies to all of you in retail....:hug:

my co-worker just told me that old navy is going to open at 3a :ohmy:

they are giving out lego rock band free with a $20 purchase. i did a quick google search and found this site:

Old Navy + Lego Rock Band = Good Deal ? THE FIRE WIRE

this comment is AWESOME:

I just called home office and was told that it was a raffle. Only one per store. I then called my local store and was told that it was not a raffle just first come first serve. Wrist bands will be issued at the door. They do not know how many games they will receive, but it will be all platforms. And, it is the full game, not a demo.

-dan

Back
Top Bottom