IO: Black Friday is almost here and I'm not ready to die yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's a couple of days late, but how did everybody do?

i passed by walmart on the way to work, hilarious

a co-worker and a neighbor were at old navy at way too early o'clock

-dan

The only shopping I did on Friday was a stop at Trader Joe's for caramels and a bottle of wine on the way to a friend's for dinner.

So yes, my Black Friday shopping was quite successful. :up:

The only shopping I did on Friday was a stop at Trader Joe's for caramels and a bottle of wine on the way to a friend's for dinner.

So yes, my Black Friday shopping was quite successful. :up:

did you get the salted caramels? I saw those today and they looked really good! I might have to make some at work this week :drool:

I got a round little cardboard container of "Trader Jacques" imported French caramels .... they said they contained sea salt, but I don't really taste it. Which isn't a bad thing - these are the old-fashioned, gooey rich caramels that make me want to die with pleasure.

There was another kind - a square box that looked like the kind that are little rectangles with a few big granules of sea salt on top. I'll have to try those next time.

:hmm: the one I saw today specifically said salted caramels on the box. I was just curious if that's what you got because I'd like to know what they taste like...if they're on the salty side or not. Sometimes things that say salted caramel really isn't salted at all, like the ones you just described. I make a salted caramel bread pudding at work that people seem to really enjoy. At my previous job we made salted caramel gelato so I'm really into that flavor right now and wanted to know if it was worth spending $4.99 on a box or if I should mess around with caramel at work one day. Maybe I'll just pick up a box next time I'm there! :der:

My Black Friday was good and bad! Bad because it was chaos, and one of bosses really made me upset I was in tears after the first 3 hours it was just to much stress, than it all got better, I ended up saling the most Red Target Cards and I'm leading withe most sold for a contest.

Good thing no body got killed, minus a few bad apples here and there, it went pretty well for my black first friday. But I hated being up at 3am!:crack:and hated the whole if you spend so much by noon you got a gift card which turned into a mess, and also all our toms toms weren't in the system so we had trouble with those for awhile.

I heard on the radio that there was a one-hour backup on the freeway to get to your mall Thursday night/Friday morning, Carlos. Crazy! I guess it's good people are spending but I feel for everyone who had to work on Friday.

My Black Friday was good and bad! Bad because it was chaos, and one of bosses really made me upset I was in tears after the first 3 hours it was just to much stress, than it all got better, I ended up saling the most Red Target Cards and I'm leading withe most sold for a contest.

Good thing no body got killed, minus a few bad apples here and there, it went pretty well for my black first friday. But I hated being up at 3am!:crack:and hated the whole if you spend so much by noon you got a gift card which turned into a mess, and also all our toms toms weren't in the system so we had trouble with those for awhile.

:yikes:

The airport actually wasn't that bad all weekend. Today on the other hand was crazy. A lot of flight delays because of the rain we had all day.

it seems as though each year stores open earlier and earlier.

granted, i'm not exactly a fan of thanksgiving. i don't like the stress that incurs with all the food prep, and the indulgence to follow...but it wouldn't surprise me if soon stores start opening just a few hours before midnight. the midnight is crazy as it is!

typically on black friday, i'm en route to the football game the next day. this year, though, i stayed home. i actually went out with mom. we headed out at around 8ish. we hit up 2 stores, with a brunch inbetween (burlington coat factory and CVS). as ghetto as this sounds, i managed to get all my gifts for my family from these 2 stores alone. mostly because my bro is moving and needs new decor, dad loves handy kitchen appliances, and mom likes pretty things. i even got me a food processor for $6!

Sounds like you got some good deals unico.

I bought House MD season one for 12.99 at best buy when I was cruising there waiting to pick up a tv for my Dad. Usually those dvds run over 40 bucks! So I couldn't deny that offer, if I had more money I would of bought the whole season.

Back
Top Bottom