IO: Bart Simpson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sad Punk

Blue Crack Addict
bart simpson tells it like it is

img384-Copy.jpg

If elected mayor, my first act will be to kill the whole lot of you, and burn your town to cinders.

And yes, I know the mic is on.

The following is my all-time favorite Simpsons line:

Homer: "I'm sick of this Tarzan movie."
Lisa: "Dad, it's a documentary about the homeless."

why do the entire family NOT age since, what 1990ish?

I mean, Bart should have a beard now and Homer grey chest hair.

:wink:

End the Simpsons #4 – Cosmetic Consistency Has Its Limits � Dead Homer Society

The Simpsons has been on for so long now that the world itself has changed around them and as a result the characters no longer epitomize what they’re supposed to be satirizing. Homer and Marge are exquisitely crafted late model Baby Boomers; they came of age in the seventies and became adults in the eighties. He’s a union guy; she’s a housewife; they have cranky World War II generation parents, they go to church out of a sense of duty and their kids lead unstructured, small town lives. They are run of the mill late 1980s Americans, that is when they were created and that is the context in which they best fit.

Homer and Marge are supposed to be in their mid to late thirties, but in 2009 real people who are in their mid to late thirties are Generation Xers. They grew up on MTV and video games and they don’t typically go to church; their kids go on play dates and it’s their parents who are the Baby Boomers. Yes, these are stereotypes and generalizations, but stereotypes and generalizations have always been The Simpsons stock in trade. Are there still people like Homer and Marge? Of course, but neither of them is the archetype they once were. The Simpsons may not have aged but America did, and it takes increasinly zany nonsense to shoehorn old characters into modern situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom