IO -40's are the new 30's - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > It's Official...
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:26 PM
IO -40's are the new 30's

KMA if you think this is not true.

"It is no longer a taboo for people in their 40s to behave and dress as if they were in their 30s. In fact, men who do so are now known as metrosexuals and women are called ballerinas (though this term is yet to assume the level of penetration of metrosexuals)
Hotels, nightclubs, spas, etc. are increasingly serving to people in their 40s. These are generally financially well-off folks with discerning tastes. Surprisingly enough, many of them area actually single, and thus, ready for finding more stable romance.
Medical professionals offering an array of products for enhancement of body parts or elimination of fat/cellulite or lasic surgery for vision correction or Botox treatment for improvement in facial expression.
So what does it all mean for you?

Well, feel young. Simply because you are now in your 40s does not mean that you can not go dancing to night clubs or wear trendy clothes or put good makeup. But this trend can be double-edged sword. If you are in your 40s and you behave and dress like the men and women in their 40s just a few years ago, it is very likely that you will be perceived as being much older and out of touch with the latest trends. So make sure that you take proper care of your skin, stay fit and eat right, preferably a low-carb diet.

The other more important thing is the change in attitude, which can make all the difference. You not only have to look young, you have to feel that way in your heart. And if someone tries to make fun of you, just ignore them - they are a long way from being a metrosexual or a ballerina. Enjoy your new-found youth!"

lol

RedRocksU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

"40's are the new 30's"

that's what people in their 40s say

-dan

DRay9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

I see what you did there.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 09:26 PM
Have you done it? Botox I mean

Bonoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:42 AM   #5
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 10:26 PM
Old people are always trying to pretend to be young again. Go live your age oldies, go get your walker and your dog and get out of our clubs!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:56 AM   #6
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 06:26 AM
^ You go to clubs? Even I'm too old for those. Too many whipper snappers around.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:45 AM   #7
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
^ You go to clubs? Even I'm too old for those. Too many whipper snappers around.
It was a figure of speech, I don't do clubs. I'm way too unhip for that. And usually only 16 year olds go there, so it's not my thing.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 06-10-2009, 04:58 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:56 AM
You just got to find the right sort of clubs......
blueeyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Local Time: 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
It was a figure of speech, I don't do clubs. I'm way too unhip for that. And usually only 16 year olds go there, so it's not my thing.
I'm only 21 and I don't even go to clubs...Totally not my style to spend a night in a club with slimey guys and slutty drunk girls everywhere..Would rather have a few drinks with friends at a pub
KristenCaNaDiAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Since I'm quickly approaching 40 (just two years from this past March), I guess I should embrace the idea that "40's are the new 30's" - but it just seems kind of silly. I mean, what's wrong with being in your 40's? I think I can honestly say I've enjoyed the last 8-10 years infinately more than any other time in my life. Don't get me wrong, I had a great childhood & other than a few issues here & there, my entire life has been pretty easy. But I've felt more put together, more aware of who I am & most importantly, more comfortable with who I am since I hit my 30's - I anticipate that will continue to grow in the coming 10-15 years.

Within reason, I don't think it's a good idea for people to box themselves in to the ideals of what a 20-yr-old or a 30-yr-old or a 40-yr-old is supposed to act like & not allow themselves certain experiences. There's a difference between being mature, having a zest for life and being immature, refusing to grow up.

On a side note, this thread did just bring a sobering thought to me: When my mother was the age that I am now (38).... I was an 18-yr-old, graduating high school! Holy crap - my parents had managed to pay their house off by the time they were my age. Maybe I don't have my shit together after all!
BluRmGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenCaNaDiAn View Post
I'm only 21 and I don't even go to clubs...Totally not my style to spend a night in a club with slimey guys and slutty drunk girls everywhere..Would rather have a few drinks with friends at a pub
Pubgirls are the new Clubgirls!
Old 06-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:26 PM
So true! And I can prove it!
JCOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Pubgirls are the new Clubgirls!
Hell yeah
KristenCaNaDiAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Teenagers.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #15