I-O: Energy drinks............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a recommendation from someone who works both the third shift (10pm to 6am) and part-time during the day do not rely on Coffee or other Caffeine source. After a while your body will get used to the caffeine intake and then what? Thanks to it I now go through withdrawals if I don't have any.

Try 5 Hour Energy shots. They are a non-scary type of energy that you won't get hooked on. Best of all there isn't any crash for when the stuff wears off.

I've tried that 5 hour energy thing and it didn't seem to really work that well for me. Idk, it gave me energy for about an hour and then I was just kinda normal. :shrug:

Now, Monster. :drool: Deeelishus.
Although, I only have about 3-4 per year! :lol: It's like a treat for me. People who live on the stuff, like you said Cleasai ^^, will eventually have withdrawal. So I don't buy 'em that often.

I don't need energy drinks :crack: I'm always on this natural high...I never seem to stop.

I drank RedBull once...it was horrible :yuck:

The only energy drink I will occasionally drink is Amp, and that's because I actually like the taste. I once tried to give up caffeine for Lent, and went through crazy bad withdrawals, but that's because I drink about a case of Dr. Pepper every couple days by myself :crack:. Now, my step-dad, he's addicted to these crazy energy drinks, and it costs us way too much money than it's worth.

I started drinking them last year when I realised how much it sucks to wake up when you're an art student, and unfortunately I'm still drinking them way too often. I suppose I'm a connoisseur in a sick kind of way, sick because nobody should be a goddamn energy drink connoisseur. I guess I'm just interested in seeing how well different brands disguise the taste of bull testicle extract with sugar.

I totally don't understand how the hell anyone can drink more than one or two at the most a day, though. Really, you have enough B-vitamin in 24 hours and you'll turn into a grisly wreck. It's kinda the opposite effect to what you want it to be. And it can kill you.

I reckon there'll be links with these drinks to serious shit before too long. I tried a V and also a Red Bull once and they were a pleasant drink, but didn't do much. I also tried a Monster and it was vile. These bursts of sugar, caffeine and the other stuff some of these drinks contain has to have some kind of effect on your system longterm.

I'm sure the regular consumption of tea and pepsi max will catch up on me one day and kick my arse.
:(

I remember MONTHS ago, preppin up with an Energy Drink and carbs to go on a cycle that must have covered about 10 miles or something. it really REALLY did help, but had me hyper that I cycled WAY too fast.

but nowadays I dont exercise at all, because I want the weight to stay ON! LOL!

but the drink I took, was good and I felt boosted.

When I drank Red Bull once I couldn't get to sleep till about 6 o'clock in the morning. It was horrible!

Back
Top Bottom