Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
Why do I doubt my own intentions? It seems simple enough, talk to you, get to know you, share a piece of myself with you. But why should I? My life will go on without you, I won't cry because I've avoided all the sadness I might have had. But why? Why should I disturb the still waters of your life? What makes me think that I am special enough to be part of it? I have enough trouble of my own, burdening you with my life is something I won't do. I convince myself that I'm doing you a favor by remaining a stranger. Being a stranger is easy, a passing hello each day is all that is required. But each time I see you I regret the time lost for what could be more between us. Why do I fear reaching out to you? I fear that you may actually find out who I am...and I just might find out who I am through you.

I've felt this way for a very long time. I guess it's a bit of inherent nihilism and, I don't know what else, but you expressed very closely how I feel

I didn't know you felt that way about me, Johnny

the answer to your question probably is 'fear of rejection'

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Thanks Manda, thanks Wanderer, there's this girl...hopefully I might have more to write about later, we'll see.

*sends good vibes to Swallow
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom