Victoria Salome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocrazy88

New Yorker
I wrote this story a while back.

Victoria Salome fell from the sky. She wasn?t an angel, but she could have been. She was an enigma, a mystery. . Paul found her He figured out her puzzle. They were to be married. Paul was into diamonds. He worked at a diamond excavation quarry. Victoria loved diamonds, but as part of her secrecy she never told Paul. He assumed she felt about diamonds the way she felt about every other mediocre subject. He was so very wrong. Victoria?s hunger for diamonds caused her to become distant and bitter. She hardly spoke to Paul, and when he asked what was wrong she acting as if nothing was. It was becoming increasingly frustrating to Paul, so he sat down with Victoria one day.
?My love, what is the matter with you?? He asked, kissing her forehead. He looked in her dark eyes and became lost in her spirit.
?I have a hole. It is nothing but a minor problem, but the bigger dilemma lies within it.?
Paul stared at his lover. Her eyes became far away and she didn?t feel it when he touched her. ?Love, Love,? he called out to her, but she did not hear. Paul laid Victoria on the bed and watched her sleep, wishing he could reach her. Finally she awoke, struggling to hold Paul. He grasped her hand and caressed her hair. ?I am ready to tell you,? Victoria took Paul?s hands in hers. ?You do not know me well,? she spoke softly, but Paul could tell she was serious. ?I know you do not, for when I look at you, caught up in your work, you cannot see me,? Victoria laid Paul?s hands on the bed. ?I have changed and so have you. We cannot be married,? With that, Victoria lifted from the bed and walked around to face her fianc?. He smiled at her, with far-away eyes, like glass circles, they followed her. She cried for him, and she cried for her. She tried to make him understand. But he would not. He became angry and jealous.
?Who is the other man?? He demanded of her. She denied another lover. He did not believe. ?Tell me who you love more than I!? He yelled at her, but she knew he never thought she had another. She knew that he loved her more than she could ever love him. And it hurt her heart deeply. It hurt her to see him yearn for her.
?I do love you, Paul, I do,? She said to him, when his pleas became unbearable. He stopped to watch her cry.
?What have I done to you?? He cried. ?I am so sorry,? He begged her. She kissed him once; once more she felt for him the desire. Then it passed, like a ship in the night. She pulled away, badly aching.
There were no words to act as a barrier between the two. Raw emotion filled every crevice of the room, soaking once veiled feelings. Paul crawled off the bed and stood to face the woman. They had once loved each other, but now it was gone. Shadowed by the rising sun, Paul?s hands made a shield around Victoria?s face. He wrapped his fingers in her hair, and stroked her face. Then, without a hesitation, Paul reached deep inside of the pocket of his pants and pulled out a box, a small black velvet box. Victoria felt her legs falling, but was caught from falling by strong, gentle arms. The box was opened and Victoria let out a small gasp. Inside the box was a diamond ring. It was a beautiful diamond that sparkled like the sun. It was, in itself, the key to Victoria?s heart. Not just a diamond, not just a stone, it had come too late. Paul slipped the diamond onto Victoria?s finger, taking off the ruby engagement ring she wore.
?What?? She stumbled for words. Paul put his finger over Victoria?s mouth to quiet her. She wanted so badly to tell Paul he had found her, he finally understood, but the words wouldn?t come. Instead she slipped the ring off, place it into Paul?s palm, closed his fingers around it, and kissed the knuckles of his fist.
Paul watched as his lover walked away, only feet away, but so far away from him. He watched her pack up her things and walk away, walk so far away. A single tear fell from Victoria?s eye as she walked in the empty parking lot. It was springtime and the hint of flowers was in a window garden across the street. Victoria smiled and wiped her tear away. She looked down and into a puddle. She saw herself reflected in the cool water left over from the storm. She saw her gentle face and pale skin, and she knew without a doubt that everything would be all right.
Paul sat in the apartment alone, confused and deeply distraught. He began to pack up his things as well, feeling he couldn?t stay there a moment longer. Paul picked up his packed suitcase and headed for the door. In the hall, he glanced over to his side and caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. He stared awhile at his reflection. He saw his unshaven face, angular and forgiving and he too knew that everything was going to be all right.

The story is a little confusing. It really is sort of silly, but I am not good at plots. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom