"tonight"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyGrace

Refugee
it's late, far too late
the night crosses lanes
switches into rewind
the pavement speeds by, wishing
when the angels come down
will you be around?
the trees bend low
the moon smiles ethereal glow
homecoming tonight
might we lose the sadness
as our fingers slip
let the last flying reality
join the space junk
as I kiss you good-bye
when it was all wrapped up like that
I closed my eyes
now you're gone
~~~~~
nothing to do with the poem but I just found out the strangest thing...my grandmother writes poetry!! I guess it shouldn't seem that weird but she never really told people and she's avoiding letting me see it...
but I will find a way
smile.gif

BG...talk to her about poetry and share some of yours with her. Then she'll share hers with you. Connecting w/ grandparents or parents like that is the coolest thing. This year I found out my Dad wrote poetry when he was a kid. The only reason he allowed us to see it is 'cause he's got alzheimers now and is a lot more mellow and wants to make the most of the time he has. So we took all his poetry and made a little book of it for him. So my point it...make that connection with your grandma. I know you guys will share something wonderful that neither of you will ever forget
smile.gif

I'm very sorry to hear that about your father popkidu2, I applaud you for reaching out to him like that, I'm sure it's a great comfort to him

and yeah, I always wondered myself if anyone in my family ever wrote poetry, no one to my knowledge, perhaps because I am not very much like anyone in my family? well, except for my brother cause he's a Devils fan
wink.gif

but I always wanted to connect with my family members in that way, very few people I know in everyday life even know about my penchant for writing poetry
smile.gif

and I must say BabyG, I've been a bit sad because you haven't spoiled us with as many poems lately
frown.gif

you will be inspired very soon to write sullen, morbid poetry once the playoffs start and the Devils begin their march to the Cup!
biggrin.gif

------
when it was all wrapped up like that

the pavement speeds by, wishing
when the angels come down
will you be around?

quiet an amazing piece of poetry BabyG, a bit disturbing though i must say, it's got a bit of a sad ending don't you think.

this is the response I promised a while back..

popkid, what you did for him was perfect and I'm sure he feels how much you love him...
I will eventually share with my grandmum and I'll get ahold of hers but I wouldn't be surprised if I had to read it with a dictionary...that's just the way she is
smile.gif

Wanderer, I know what you mean about not connecting like that. I'm extremely close to my family but my poetry is so personal...it's like a diary or something and I can't bring myself to show it to other people because I doubt they'll understand what it means to me.
Which is why it makes absolute, perfect sense that I'm sharing it on the 'net
rolleyes.gif

and I promise I will never leave as long as you all keep writing to make me want to come back
smile.gif

nevermind about the FLyers...I've given up on them this year
biggrin.gif

Bacchus, yes it is a bit sad...
I'm not very good at writing happy poetry don't you know..maybe somebody could show me how?
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom