This place is cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet299

Acrobat
I like this place, and all of you have great poetry! Seriously, I am quite impressed. But I think there is a sort of lack of energy in this forum. Maybe it is just because of the nature of poetry. I like reading people's poems, but i sometimes find it hard to comment on some of them. Is this the case with others, or are people just not bothering to read them? Maybe not enough people know about this place...
What do u guys think?
smile.gif

No I dont think there is a lack of energy in this forum at all. DOL has been this way for a long time now and it has its own atmosphere thats for sure.
Im sure lots of people know about the corner but it wouldnt be the place it is if the posts were flying thick and fast.
Its about the only forum that has remained the same way since it started and I think we've built a nice little corner of interference here.
The posts stay around for quite some time because people who come here like to read over them and think about them. I think if posts were coming in every minute, it would cheapen people's writing.
I guess some people think this place is too serious or whatever but those who do come here enjoy it and value this little haven.
I personally like DOL just the way it is
smile.gif

I pretty much agree with ZA. I almost think sometimes that we could be a teeny bit more critical of each others' work. I mean constructive criticism, of course. We seem to have a hard time saying anything but totally nice things! But it is nice just to know that someone somewhere else is enjoying your work.
That's probably more important.

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

yeah you are right scatter

but then i tend to think this place is for sharing not for critiquing.
i certainly dont put stuff here to ask how it can be improved hehe
i just like reading people's poetry...

it is isn't it?

yes, about the 'quietness', I think it has a lot to do with how busy people's lives are. this is a place to slow down and feel things for a change..and no, it hasn't changed much since it started. I'd agree with Manda too that if there was too much material coming in, there wouldn't be time to read and re-read and really enjoy everything that's posted here..

yeah, you are right scattero, and i wouldn't mind if people critqued my writing but as I'm not a writer, the mechanics and so forth don't matter that much to me. I love reading everybody's stuff here for the message and the emotion that's in it and quite frankly I don't recall a poem here that I haven't enjoyed, whether joyful, or painful, or really whatever. I just like hearing what you all have to say
smile.gif

so basically, yeah, what Manda and Scattero said hehe

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

I was thinking, maybe from now if people want critism and opinion, we should say so at the bottom.
That way those who do want the critical feedback can get it. Just a thought..

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I was thinking, maybe from now if people want critism and opinion, we should say so at the bottom.
That way those who do want the critical feedback can get it. Just a thought..

That's an idea, but I wonder if anyone would actually take the step and say so.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

I agree with hermes.
CW should be used to mean criticism welcome, and constructive critcism at that.
Although, at other times, I must admit, I'd just like to share...

Anyway, as BabyGrace once wisely said, "This is the best part of feedback!"

And she was soooo right.

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 10-22-2001).]

Originally posted by ultraviolet299:
I like reading people's poems, but i sometimes find it hard to comment on some of them.
I read most poems over here, but I only respond to a few

nothing wrong with that
smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I think there's quite a lot of people(like me)read almost everything in this forum, but never say a word...
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom