They

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
They’ve came across another aesthetic junction
Sexual politics, Marxism, feminism and sincerity,

For too long now we’ve relied on artistic license
Poetic justice, clichéd woe, ridicule and debauchery,

I’ve accepted that narcissism is plagued by self loathing
Egotism, female chauvinism, humanism and society,

Once you’ve realised that all human thought is flawed
Pretension, philosophy, mathematics and fallacy,

The depreciative stare of solemn eyes lay upon the satirical drought brought forth by wasteful souls whose intense dementia denies reasoning a chance as they casually resign themselves to the synthetic trivialities we’ve kept as universal truths.

I once claimed to have a satirical detachment, a mind were logic bore no credence, so as a matter of factual rejection I stole from the thief’s, the intellectual colossuses of our collective history whose blatant vanity blinds their judgement to this very day.

For inspiration as they say is but a commodity, a product of our times; whether or not you sell your shares or are willing to play the markets you’re still in the business of profit and loss.

We’ve watched the sun go down on faith.

I am unsure of how to take the last line of the work, Will.

But other than that.........
I think it is a good bit of writting.
I feel I can comprehend you, and agree with you, mostly.

Though in some points there is a certain does of negative energy that I seem to rebel against, intrensicly. On the whole, though, I like it very well.

Last edited:
You know what Jesse; I think that you've misconstrued a few of my points.

Also for some fairly obvious reason I find that the majority of people on “Interference” find me to be a shit poet. Now this doesn’t really affect you as I’ve always thought of you as a thinker who has some problems articulating himself.

That is not meant to be offensive by the way although I’m just back from the pub and the drinking age here is just eighteen.
:wink:

Last edited:

Zero Dude, don't underestimate your writing talents.....they are many and very good. You quoted "Also for some fairly obvious reason I find that the majority of people on “Interference” find me to be a shit poet." I don't agree with that at all....most at Interference are interested in news forum type lingo..........or so wrapped up in U2 they never visit DOL nor understand what writing means. We here at DOL are not script readers but write from the heart. Some more poetic than others and more well versed but nonetheless each of us have expression of feelings we need to portray.

I understand what you mean by We've watched the sun go down on faith...."like the media builds up a miracle into a falsehood and then the believers turn into non-believers.

Zero Dude, there is so much written that people will never comprehend as the words are written between the lines.

Keep writing, My Man,

carol
wizard2c
:|

ZeroDude said:
You know what Jesse; I think that you've misconstrued a few of my points.

Also for some fairly obvious reason I find that the majority of people on “Interference” find me to be a shit poet. Now this doesn’t really affect you as I’ve always thought of you as a thinker who has some problems articulating himself.

That is not meant to be offensive by the way although I’m just back from the pub and the drinking age here is just eighteen.

:hmm: in my opinion, youare top 3, top 2, maybe the best, as far as poets go in DOL. (certainly most consistent, active)

I'm not a poet, though I think I thought I were at one point. My writing has shifted.

And as far as not understanding your points, most likely. I'm pretty bad with directions and understanding things that are not direct. (aka it's somewhat hard for me to analyze poetry, but it is good for me because of that).

Enjoy you drinks :up:
Responsibly :up: :up:

Thanks Carol and don't worry Jesse I drink responsibly although you know besides you guys and a few close friends in the real world I feel that most of what I write falls on deaf ears at least in a figurative sense.

It seems that there are people they’d rather give their time to.

But I can live with that, it’s part of life and I’ve to accept.

Zero Dude.....just keep posting those writings........if you write....we will read....

carol
wizard2c
:|

I would assume that part of it all is writing for yourself, and not for anyone else, though I know some people are not that way.

But that's how I am, I have come to realize. :shrug: I think, in fact, I have spoken a lot more than I should have........

Back
Top Bottom