the search for hope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stories for Boys

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i wrote this poem a couple years ago, when i was having a tough time. it's really the first of my poetry, and i just thought to look back at it because i was reminded when bonochick posted about looking back at her old stuff......this one is the first poem i still have....it seems like i was almost describing a nightmare...i don't know...

i look up, wake up expecting someone
to meet me. i search, open my arms
but the only one who embraces me back
is the emptiness. cold, dark. who is near
me? who is with me? where am i to go?
i turn circles, look frantically, find nothing.
now i run, quickly, sprint. my foot falters.
i fall. as i wait for someone's hand to help
me stand, i think. where did i go wrong?
i try to lift my head, but i can't. breathe
hard, wheeze. hope is gone.

though I don't think my first actual attempts at poetry are posted here, most probably are, since I haven't been writing poetry for that long... maybe about 4 years now I guess, not sure what my point is, other than it's just weird I guess to go back and look at things I've written and the words and thoughts seem familiar, yet so distant, but at the same time, they are like reading some sort of diary I'd written about myself and I read them and can remember vividly how I felt or what frame of mind I was in during a certain time in my life...

Last edited:
poetry IS my diary. I like this one, Stories for Boys...I can really connect with the confusion right now. I am glad we can share here like this...

Blue_Angel said:
poetry IS my diary. I like this one, Stories for Boys...I can really connect with the confusion right now. I am glad we can share here like this...

poetry is my diary too. but i only really started writing about 2 years ago and i only started writing often about 6 months ago. it's weird to even look back that far. i found this poem on a folded up piece of paper when i was cleaning my room to leave for college. now that was crazy...

:)

Back
Top Bottom