the pretty movements...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
"the kinesis"

I've been in chase of a fatal distraction
I've begun to think that nothing exists

broken lights, can't hide the excuses,
can't fill a swamp with your embryogeny

and after the sterilization, the open pores...
emaciation trips you to oblivion

like a tragedy of sophistication
to be, the corpse in the garden

a stylite of remembrance,
is a crystallization of the sun

anything of permanence is hideous
I wish your soul would wash away

great style..and enjoyable read

broken lights, can't hide the excuses,
can't fill a swamp with your embryogeny

a stylite of remembrance,
is a crystallization of the sun

Far out, thats a very different style for you. Usually I can pick your writing(which is a good thing because you have a definite style) but this is something different completely.
The opening and closing lines are very powerful and honest images.
That last line choked me up.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Far out, thats a very different style for you

i think its a different style period. excellent work. big words help paint a bigger picture only at times, this time it definately works for me. nicely done wanderer.

wow. you know, you always say you don't write structured poetry and I totally disagree. To me, your poetry seems as structured and painstakingly put together as a beautiful painting.

I found the first two lines, and the last line really stuck a chord with me. I love the way your poetry seems to be about something so specific but then opens up into all this other stuff, at least the way I percieve it..

I agree babyg, i think wanderer is quite the surgeon/architect when he writes...which makes the level of emotion he can evoke all the more admirable.

thank you all so much for your kind words, they are, as always, greatly appreciated
smile.gif

and yes, I've been trying to use different styles, as I've felt suffocated in recent months when trying to express my thoughts in poetry, sometimes it works I suppose... but a lot of times I find myself more frustrated because I can't really complete anything to my liking anymore

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom