The classroom: Exercises in Poetry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RadRacer

The Fly
Upon the encouragement of my friend ZeroDude, I open this. I'm curious to see what comes out of this. If you know anything about poetry and you can make it short and snappy, drop it here. I'll try to adopt it, immediately.

Who is this guy?
That thinks he's so fly
Breaking all the rules
Does he think we are fools?

I'll excersize your face
and put you in your place
Go on try it again
We'll see where you are then

;)

"What? The teacher hasn't come yet?"

:Sticks his head :shifty: through the door, into the hallway, and calls out:
"Mr. ZeroDude!? Mr. ZeroDude?! Should I go to the office to find out where our teacher is?? And there is no substitute, either :tsk: ? ... Well, I guess we'll do what we used to do where I'm from - everybody does what they want, hope he doesn't come, and one or two take turns patrolling the corridor :cool:

"And who's that girl, who thinks she's so smart :angry: !? She already wrote a poem - she's trying to put us in our place! C'mon, Mullen, let's throw spitballs at her and get her out! Yay, boys rule :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry: , girls suck :tongue: !"

But, ok, I'll be serious. It's my thread, and I'll show my commitment to it.

Yeah, you're right, Mullen. That is very good, I think. Conventional poetry has some kind of meter, which is supposed to generate rhythm. In school I was taught it is not about rhymes. So, hah, what do you say, Sicy?! But I can prove to you that I can do just as well with my rhymes! Watch me do today's exercise! By the way, Mullen, feel free to exercise in here, too.

Who's that girl try to give me a rhyme
Floating buoyantly on an ocean of wine
When you finally touch me we'll be out of time
I climb the mountain, hold fast the line

The sun is up over the world's face
C'mon, boys, let's play soccer, then
Down in the street, we play w/o rules
Those who don't know, die as fools
Oh no, have to head back to school, again
One day, I won't have to be back to that place

Man, poetry imo as all art shouldn't be taught, it has to be developed by the individual over time, to formulate it as the educational system in many countries have done is contradictory to the true meaning of art, just as I never revise any piece of writing I jot down, you too should put your trust in spontaneity and the unpredictable nature of humanity, yes I may know the so called rules of poetry et al, but imo you really don't need this, let the words flow from your heart and soul and you'll be writing in your own distinct way over the years to come.

Ok, that’s my compassionate speech to the masses over, lads get out and write:wink:

Sorry.. I guess I dont know squat about poetry. I just posted what came to my head :p

I dont think they have to rhyme or not rhyme.. but flow... you know?

;)

Hi!

Mine comes down rather instanteously........so I don't think about what I'm writing.....it just happens.

Like the exact time when 9/11 occurred......at that moment I was writing a poem about dedication. But that comes a bit with wizardry....which is the unexplainable. The night before 9/11 I printed out 72 pages of children's peace poems off the UNICEF site.

If you want to write good poetry....I'm sure there are plenty of good resource books.

carol
wizard2c

:|

"THANK YOU MR. ZERODUUUUUDE!!"

:picks up his writing utensils, sticks 'em into the pouch and throws that into his backpack, and walks over to the classroom door, yelling:
"But tomorrow I wanna see one of Mullen4's poems! Where is he again, cutting class? Man, I wanna cut class, too! I told him to tell me when he's going into the city - I wanna go there and look at some videogame magazines. I can't wait to see the new Super Nintendo games that'll be coming out! But, too bad I can't play, because there are always Turks in the stores. They're always there; they never go to school! Man, they live sooo cool..."

:RadRacer's mother comes in and speaks:
"Thank you, Mr. ZeroDude, for speaking those kind words. You know, there is nothing in the world that makes my son happier than hearing that he doesn't have to do anymore work, but can already cut loose and totally be himself. So, thank you. You are wiser than you look, behind that smirk..."

:After school, RadRacer hangs out with Sicy in the schoolyard:
"I've tried myself a bit at rapping, lately. That's all about 'flow', too, and rhythm. Plus, it's waaaaay cooler than poetry! Check me out, I'll bust a free for ya:

"Yo yo yo...
Don't talk no sh*t
There won't be no sh*t
Don't talk no sh*t
There won't be no shit
I won't start no shit
'Cause I hit like a chick

Here, bottom line is this
Truth be told, my career is over
Like Papa Joe, out in the cold
Drop a record and call it quits like this

Like Earhardt, take my biplane
Fly it across the planet
There it is, RadRacer
He's not about rappin'
He's about flyin' planes, girl

And I'll be the first man
to fly around the world
Until nobody gives a damn
And then I land.

I'm stuck inside a plant
Staring and making them brawl
Waiting for everybody who doesn't show up
And be the world's greatest straw
The fittest to be
I'll be the only dumbass
To go under general negotiation
And play by the rules
Don't be fixin' up my rose
Nice breast implants, nice nose

Yo yo yo...
Ok, that's all I got, right now.

"By the way, your lunch looks nice. Can you share that with me?"

Want a moldy ham sandwich?
As I listen to the rap
Some water from the tap?
Take a big bite!
You're quite good
So lets not fight

I'll just sit over here
and drink my beer
maybe I'll cheer...
Do you think I'm weird? :p

Teach me how to write
Like you do.. all night
So the teacher can give me an A for my great insight!

Sicy said:
Want a moldy ham sandwich?
As I listen to the rap
Some water from the tap?
Take a big bite!
You're quite good
So lets not fight

I'll just sit over here
and drink my beer
maybe I'll cheer...
Do you think I'm weird? :p

Teach me how to write
Like you do.. all night
So the teacher can give me an A for my great insight!
[/QUOTE

A plus your a better lyricist than 50 cent, well thats not saying much all the same:|

Wow! :D This is an awesome class! We got a cool teacher :cool::larry: , he lets us do anything! I like the students I'm with :happy: ! We're really into this poetry thing, now! Breaking the rules and letting the imagination fly freely! Aaah, the day feels just right! Now that we're in such good spirits, how about we take a field trip? :wave: A field trip to the mountains and streams? Are you with me?

We'll take hiking :dancing: trips in the afternoon and we'll wander the night by torchlight! We'll turn one of the rooms of this hostel into a makeshift disco :dance: and dance the night through! In our spare time, Sicy, I'll teach you, how to rap as cool as I do. And, doubtlessly, ZeroDude will give you an A when we come back. But sit tight, now, I won't be rude, but you gotta go along with a little bit of attitude :mac: . Mullen4 and I won't sleep through every night, but play pranks on our teacher, ZeroDude!

Your an excellent student, your on your way to becoming a straight A pupil, so early in the semester:wink:

:mad: trainstation:
"Where is everybody @?! :confused: ... I'm ready, I got everything you said, teacher! :D ...ok, well it'll be just Mr. ZeroDude and me, then! C'mon, let's go up to the mountains and have some fun! I'll teach you how to rap some - you desperately need that if you wanna hook up with young girls! :love: ... Then again, I don't get girls! :shrug: ...yeah we'll be better off without Sicy, on this trip. She :mac: always gets me in trouble. Like that 1 time I told her I had a thing for her, I nearly got thrown out of school :rolleyes:

Whatever!
Wait for me
I want to go see
White mountains and green grass
Screw going to class!

You only get yourself in trouble
Your way with words...
Is sometimes for the birds :mad: ;)

"... uh-ok!"

:Rad comes in, dressed in black, as usual, tired as a dog. He doesn't look good. He sits down, coughs. His eyes look droopy, with black underneath them, maybe make-up, maybe lack of sleep. Touches his nose, then grabs a towel, wipes - see a little bit of red. Grabs the bottle, takes a swig:
"Ok..."
:clears his throat:
"Let yourself fall into my arms... <cough> <coughs something up!> ... (with a weak voice) I'm sorry. Doesn't work just any day. I'm not bullet-proof <cough>"
:hurried leave:

:Rad comes back, next day, looking much better and younger, with a white T-shirt with a Q on it and a crown above it. He seems full of energy and life. Rejuvenated!:
"Alright, I'm hyped up for the mountains and streams! Let's go on vacation!!"

:The trip will take seven days:

Monday, train rides are boring
Boredom for just one day
Feels good to have a GB
And Warioland 3

Tuesday, I eat my choco-banana taiyaki
In the shade of a great tree
Sicy looks sadly at me
I give her a piece
She smiles at me

Wednesday, we march all day
Radio plays U2 all the way
Not bad, but too melancholy
Take it out and toss it away
Queen livens up man's spirit

Thursday, Mr. ZeroDude calls a break
Gets lost in the pages of a book
Green fields, butterflies, a brook
Mother Nature provides a soccer field
The boys wanna play, and I invite Sicy

I wish Friday could last forever
Music and life play together so perfectly,
We lie on the roof of a kindergarten
Watch the clouds drift by
Any way the wind blows

Saturday, just twenty-four hours
This trip kinda grew on me
ZeroDude likes to drink and play
Sicy likes to dress up and smile
Me, I like to rock the GA

Sunday, arrival is so nice
The place is fine, but girls' and
Boys' sleeping quarters are separate
I'm so sad
Alone

Sicy extends the trip for 7 more days
Wine and flashlights in hand
Lets go cause some trouble..

Continue..... :wink:

"But the teacher, Mr. ZeroDude, makes the decisions, here :scratch: ... Anyway, Sicy, you're so spaced-out - we just arrived at the location, silly :tsk: ! It's dark; we need to go to bed :yawn: . Teacher will take us out tomorrow to do poetry in the mountains. ... However, nobody can stop us from sneaking around at night, as long as we're careful :shh: We can do all sorts of fun things, like sneak into the Teacher's room, put his hand into a bowl of warm water and he'll wet his bed! :mac:

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Somebody ripped the pages of my diary! Ripped out 18 pages!! I'm so unhappy! *** ** *** ** *******! ***** needs to ****! I learned from the school of Caleb, so ******."

:goes of in search of the perpetrator; finds ZeroDude:
"Thanks for trying to teach me poetry, but I never understand that creatures up-and-down thing! **** ******."

:walks on; finds Mullen4Prez:
"You're a nice guy. Get to bed early, tonight. I don't want you to *** ****."

:walks on through the forest; finds ******:
"You only said one *** ***** ***** ** - I'm gonna ***** *** *** ** **** ****! Are you ready?!"

:With one ***** **** ** *** ******, he considers *******. After a moment of silence, sitting with the ****** ******* *** **** ******* ** ***** *** ****, leaves that position:
"No, my job is not done. I won't ***** * *****. I will not rest until ************, the demon, is ******* ****, for it is a *********, like *******!"

:He hears *******. Walks over and sees **** ******* *** ** *** ** ***, in a stack:
"So, I finally found you! ... I'm amazed! How can you **** and do a stack?! Let me help you!"

:He takes *** ******* and ******** **** to the * ***** of **** *****. After that, he **** ***. Then, he says:
"****, you were nice to me. I will only ***** *** **** ** **** ****, because you stole my diary!"

With a nearly ***** *******, he walks into the ****. He finds ***** *****, there. He says:
"******* is a *********! ***** *** will never be free! Why do you think ***** appeared in the ****? ***** *** brought you here, *** ***** ***, now he don't know what ** ** **** ***! I say, let's ***** on our ******* ******* ****** *****, walk into ************, and **** ** the ********!"

"YEAH!!" the ****** rally! They *** on their ******* ******* ****** *****, walk into ************ and **** it *** the ******. *******, *********, ******, ***, ***********, ******* ******, *********, ********* ****!! **** **** ****!!! **** *******!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom