the candles gail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
R

romancandle

-seems to that theres this wind
---running away from were i am
turns---- into my face and lets it all
strange ----wind of were i dont
its still blowing ----in my faces back
everytime i wish its---- never there
--------------------why do you take from my fire?
--------------------why do you fuel this in this
add cold to what------------- will --------you
but take from my fire -not
can you feel--------- gail?
can you feel pain----------- wind------ i think not
you took from us----- to many--- and
leave -----------------without being
bring -------------------------new to me
and let me with ------------------nothing
take while ----------your release
--------------------gives to me nothing
stop asking------------------------ me------ for more
let candles flicker ---------------within
not with you-

~thanks for everything youve ever said to me freind.youll live forever in the hearts of far more than just me. always loved you man, you were always a struggle with just yourself. i saw you . i knew who you were. we all did. we all miss you rob. ~

the only response i get from all the shit i send to this fucking forum. i feel a little disapointed. rip it up , shred my words. tell me im fucking wrong or that i sound like a fool . tell me somthing , please i ask . i thought that this is what this was all about .

People don't always have a reply to things in DOL. Look at the number of views you get; you can see that people at least read your stuff. Sometimes, people just don't always know what to say. Replying to poetry can be touchy for some.

Not good enough for what?

Lots of work goes here without getting many or any replies...it's not just you.

romancandle, I'm sorry if my reply didn't contain more than you wanted. The majority of my replies posted in this forum often contain little more than quotes of the authors work and a few choice words should I feel it necessary. It's my own way of acknowledging any parts of the poems which I connected with or stood out for me in particular on that day of reading..and I know for some of those authors it can seem very lazy and a little disconcerting for my part but thats the way I've always browsed this forum...people come here to take in what they want..replies or no replies..its not a black and white conclusion to how well a poem has communicated to someone else..

With regards to this poem in particular I felt picking it apart in any way would devalue what you had written and possibly the importance it has for you which I can assume from the discontentment in your replies is evident. Sometimes its better to not to leave comments at all...I wouldn't feel comfortable approaching in any other way..thankyou for sharing something very honest and personal..I'm sorry you believe its been underappreciated~

sometimes i feel that way too, like nobody gives a shit as to what i write. but, i write poetry for myself, as a way of healing. not for some kind of approval from others. your words have affected me. sometimes i wish i knew what to reply when i read them though.

After seeing the poem and ensuing controversy that got romancandle banned, I would that he was an incredibly depressed and solitary figure, lashing out for affection that we simply cannot provide as an internet community. I hope, eventually, he can recognize his need for professional help in this matter out in the real world...

Melon

oh, one of the famous lunatics on the grass...

nice to meet you

on the dark side of the moon

Back
Top Bottom