Tal-y-llyn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
No-one knows
the nature of water. I
was never so close before.
It is created through contact
with the eye. There was nothing
beneath the mountains
until the curve. Now
my eyes blur with the strain
of water's presence. The lake
is blowing away
to a gap in the sky.

The surface is almost ready
to be walked on. Soon
I will know the way.
Above
sky dissolves to air.
Steam rises
from the cold conjunction.

The lake is patient.
It is always waiting
to be created. Waiting
for silver light to liquefy,
for the mountains to unfold
their revelation. For the touch
of an eye.

damn that is so incredible, there are so many ways you could read that!! the first stanza (perhaps strangely) made me think of pregnancy, new life. well, I will have to read this a few more times because that is way off track! :D

oh yeah and I love nature imagery in case I haven't mentioned that yet :) the whole eye part is so clever

great scattero, it's nice to see you around again!

wow scatter
thats so serene and calming
I love these lines

Waiting
for silver light to liquefy,
for the mountains to unfold
their revelation. For the touch
of an eye.

Great to see you back in here again. DOL didn't feel the same without you.

Last edited:
hypnotic

The lake
is blowing away
to a gap in the sky

foray said:
What's Tal-Ll-ynn, by the way?

foray

Thanks y'all :) I was in Wales recently and Tal-y-llyn is a very beautiful lake there. I think the name means "the pleasant lake." It's in Snowdonia, which is a national park in the northwest of Wales. I wanted to see a few places in Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising series, where two of the books take place in Wales--awesome series for those who like fantasy and great children's books (much better than Harry Potter!). I saw a few of the places, and they were all a thrill, but Tal-y-llyn was probably the most beautiful in its own right. I took a bus up this beautiful peaceful valley to get there, and the bus came around the corner and all of a sudden the lake was just there. It was a bit of a dull day but the sun was shining behind the clouds and the surface of the lake was a beautiful shiny silver, and I got off the bus and walked toward it in a daze, and it was so quiet and eerie. I didn't write this poem till some weeks later, but I knew there was one there, somewhere.

Last edited:
sounds gorgeous scatter
and the name is a great title for a poem.
now i want to go to Tal-y-llyn

oh what other places have you seen from those books? gosh it sounds enchanting. I need to reread those, I barely remember them.
Anyway I am glad you had a good time, and happy it inspired you to share this with us!

Back
Top Bottom