Sylvia Plath film to star Gwyneth Paltrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
This was reported today in the USA Today, very few details have been given except that the film is supposed to "focus on the turbulent relationship between Plath, who committed suicide in 1963, and her husband, British poet Ted Hughes, who died in 1998." So I guess this is biographical... it's being produced by Foucus, a new specialty division (for art-house films) of Universal Pictures. It does appear Gwyneth is taking an enormous pay-cut to play this role because she greatly admires Plath and let's face it, she hasn't had any decent roles come her way really since Shakespeare in Love.

Hopefully this film will make average Americans aware of how brilliant Plath was... high praise to Ms Paltrow for taking part in this project; I just hope and pray the filmmakers don't sensationalize her life to the point where her poetry is over-shadowed or still worse, it becomes an afterthought or sub-plot.

Originally posted by foray:
Oh! I thought Meg Ryan was slated to play Plath.

foray

i read that she is attempting to produce a different plath film but that it's still in the development stage.

Back
Top Bottom