Sketches by me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ceallach67

Babyface
Hi all, I've joined awhile ago, but I really haven't been too active a poster. lol... erm... okay, not at all would be more accurate.

I'm not even sure if I made one of those "Hey... uh... I'm new" threads. lol So... Hi all!

Anyway I was enjoying seeing all the artwork here and I thought I'd share the sketches I made.

I sized them down from the orginial scanned sizes, because the orginals are rather large. I have some others than these but I've yet to have them scanned. So here are just a few for now, hope you like 'em:

The Fly

TheFlysketchsm.png

Rattle and Hum Bono (just charcoal pencil)
kpbonosketch22806croppedresm.jpg

Rattle and Hum Bono (with watercolors and charcoal pencil)
bonosketchcolorsmJPG.jpg

This one I actually gave to Bono when I met him. I called it "In the Name of Love" and I gave it to him when I met him in Washington DC February 3.

kellsBonosketch001.jpg
:wink:

I like the use of high contrast. Using the paper for your white and adding the darks with charcoal. Reminds me, I haven't used charcoal in quite a while! Not since art school

MrsSpringsteen said:
Very nice, that is cool that you gave that one to Bono

Thanks! I sketched that one specifically to give Bono and I was lucky enough to be able to have the chance. In the readers digest version of the story, it was a gift of thanks for being a positive source of energy for my almost 5 year old young son who loves the song Vertigo. My son has Leukemia and that song has helped him through a lot. My son also drew him a picture that I have him. It was very cute and Bono was amazing about the whole thing. I'll never forget it.

daafish said:
I like the use of high contrast. Using the paper for your white and adding the darks with charcoal. Reminds me, I haven't used charcoal in quite a while! Not since art school

Thanks! Yeah, I'm better with this kind of thing. I'm NO good with paints actually. I find that I tend to lean toward shading heavily. LOL... I guess that's obvious, huh?

Thanks for your comments, they are much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom