September 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popsadie

Acrobat
Wrote this this morning..its bound to change.....

September 12th

I don't want to move on. I don't want to support freedom through wearing Nike Air
I only want to collapse, hide my face between my knees and weep
Weep for ordinary boys who may soon trade in toy guns for real ones
Weep in my worry, my frustration,my anxiety

I don't want to wear a smiley face, I don't want to line Walmart pockets and buy another flag
I only want to cry, pour my tears on the ashen sky and comfort
Comfort ordinary men who face reopened scars
Comfort in their sadness, their terror, their despair

I don't want to stop mourning. I don't want to end my tears just because MTV went back to regular programming
I only want to remember, turn my eyes to the sky and pray
Pray for ordinary women who lay in their beds facing only concrete walls
Pray for their safety, their security, their promise

we can be heroes...

for just one day

what was weird (and also hurt quite a bit) for me, was getting the impression that other people around the world didn't really want us to mourn, I'll never really understood that, people don't want us to ask God to bless our people, and they don't think we should be making a big deal about our small, puny number of 3,000 deaths, when people are dying in greater numbers elsewhere, I guess you have to do better than that to impress some people...

anyhow, thanks for the poem, popsadie

i felt like that too wanderer. i want to be allowed to still mourn. which i think is why i really related to this poem.

not to be redundant..

but I agree too, Wanderer & Screaming.

Popsadie- nice poem. I loved the first line of each stanza especially, when normally I don't like it when poems incorporate things like "walmart" it fit perfeclty here, the irony and the 'trueness' of the lines.

"concrete walls"
... wicked good description.

you know we had a commemoration here at my school, and a lot of the ceremony was beautiful until some girl from NYC stepped up on her platform and actually had the audacity to say "I could see this coming the whole time, and we deserved it." There is a time and a place and I don't think while you are honoring the dead is the right time. This was beautiful popsadie, it echoed the exact sentiments I felt and was a lot more appropiate I guess is the word. Someone else said September 11th is not the real challenge; September 12th is. You really hit it head on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom