"See You..." - the short story inspired of genesis of "One Tree Hill"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Casamares

Rock n' Roll Doggie
"See You..." - the short story inspired of genesis of "One Tree Hill"

Well...
This is based on the true story (Greg Carroll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). The rest is fiction. I changed the names.
I hope it's at least understandable, because English isn't my first language. If you see mistakes, please let me know, I'll correct them.

_____

[FONT=Georgia, serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]''And when it's raining
Raining hard
That's when the rain will
Break my heart'[/FONT]'

[FONT=Georgia, serif]SEE YOU...[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif] They were sitting around the bonfire, whispering quietly and gazing at the flames, which were lighting up the murk of the night. The extensive glade was crowded with locals, clad in colourful outfits. Bodies of some of them were ornamented with complicated patterns called Ta moko. Among them with famous New Zealand wine in makeshift mugs were four pale Europeans.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] Gary, a blond in baby blue jeans, was talking hushed voice with Adrian, in whose face the gold glasses' frames were sparkling. The Merge in the colourful hat that he had received the day before from one of local girls, with long hair falling backwards, was slowly sipping alcohol. Right beside him Bone was leaning on the grass, with half-open mouth, staring at the nocturnal sky. The dancing flames were brightening his blue eyes looking at a distant star. The old woman in an ethereal, flowered dress, was [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]stealthily mopping tears, clasping a crumpled photo. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Suddenly Bone in a leather vest and black, high shoes, straightened up and looked at first at the woman, then at his mates. Gary nodded knowingly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “Let me tell you something...” his deep voice vibrated in ears of the present. Maori picked up their ears. “George was our friend, we miss him so much.” he was continuing, breaking dry sticks and throwing them in the fire. “He was also our guide in New Zealand, he showed us this beautiful country...”[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] He did not hurry up, mincing. He noticed that all the people sitting around the bonfire are looking at him. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “We felt that we have to do it... This is the only thing we' ve been able to do... George, I hope you' ll like it...”[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif][/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]He bowed at Gary, who started beating time on a portable drum. Merge and Adrian reached guitars and elicited sounds from them. Bone stroked his boisterous hair and began slowly nodding. In a moment his deep voice rang out and soared toward distant stars which earlier he had been staring at. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif] * * *[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif] “Maybe this time I' ll pretend to be a guide,” giggled Bone and stopped a taxi. They got into it. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] George was talking about last news from New Zealand for quite a while and every time he wanted to hint at a new album or a next tour, Bone was interrupting and asking about the parents, the sister and all the people he had met a year before during the visit in Maori' s country. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] Only when they left the car, Bone proclaimed that Merge, Adrian and Gary are working on a new song at his home. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “The way thing stand I shouldn' t obstruct them, at last it may be a hit.” he smiled modestly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] Bone shook his head.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “Oh, it's no bother,” he enhanced hair. “Adam mentioned something about the lack of afflatus...” he winked. “I' m sure they' re waiting for an excuse”.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “Oh, I nearly forgot!” George reached to the small, tourist bag and pulled out a little bit creased white envelope.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] Bone scratched the chin covered with stubble.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “I found our photos taken last year. I thought I'll bring you them”.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] The musician pulled out the content of the envelope and started looking through the photographs with smile on the face.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “One Tree Hill! How great! I superbly remember when you took me there!”[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] Bone was still gazing at the photos, when they came in front of the house' s gate. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] The vocalist started reminiscing the visit on the volcanic hill, but when he stuck the head up, he realised that George disappeared.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] He frowned, confused, however a few seconds later he noticed his friend was slant over his new Harley.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “Gorgeous...” sighed George, stroking the body of the black motorcycle. “A jim dandy...”[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] He precisely saw it from all sides, articulating another words of delight.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “I see you like it,” said Bone, patting the motorbike' s steering wheel. “You can use it during your stay here”.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] George widely opened mouth. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]“Brother! Thanks!”[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] He strongly hugged him.[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] They went upstairs where Adrian, Gary and The Merge were already waiting with a welcoming cake.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif] It was Summer, so twilight came on late, but the men caught up conversation didn't even notice, when the sky darkened and the rain came down with a vengeance.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “Oh no, I've totally forgotten!” said Bone suddenly, clutching his head. “We should have taken some important documents to the label!”[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] The Merge sighed, squashing an empty Coca – Cola' s can. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “Well, they surely won't kill us because of it,” said Adrian who was sitting on the floor in front of the TV screen. “They know they ' ll anyway gain a pretty penny when we publish an album”.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “Obviously,” Bone arrived at a conclusion, lighting a cigarette. He threw a pack and a lighter to him. “There's no need to wonder about it. So what are our plans for the night?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “I can do it. I' ll heartily take a drive on Harley. I' m a guy responsible for red tape, aren' t I?” grinned George. “I' ll kill two birds with one stone. Maybe somebody is still there”.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “It' s extremely late”.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “Well, I' ll try”. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “Really?” asked Bone. “It'd be great! It won't take you up too much time. Later we might go out”.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] In a moment he brought from the adjacent room the white briefcase, which George put in a backpack. He took the jacket and went to the exit. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “I' ll be back soon! See you!”[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “We' re waiting!” shouted the musicians.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] Bone walked up the window and unveiled the curtain. Awhile he was looking through the wringing window pane at his friend, who turned the engine on and next disappeared in darkness.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif] George sat on Harley with devout respect. Since he was a child he had loved motorcycles, in New Zealand he was often travelling by his Ducati. The equipage of his friend especially found favour with him, so he cannot wait when he will scud by this stunning vehicle for the first time.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] He was monitoring in easful whir of the engine, which was mixing up with hype of downpour. For him it was sounding like the most beautiful music. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] Braking through the rain, he was cherishing ideas for his stay in Europe. He knew he will have to run many errands, but collaboration with the band was going ahead freely. He was glad that the rock stars were not only his employers but also friends. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] He was waiting impatiently for a new album of the boys, on which they were working strenuously. Knowing their perfectionism, he can have counted it will be a unique album, which will secure their place in music history. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] He was expecting that the band will play a concert in New Zealand, his country, again and he will be their guide. He remembered how much Bone liked One Tree Hill, to which he took him. He knew other places that the musicians might enjoy, and maybe afford them new inspirations. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] He was savouring the drive despite the pouring rain and wind was flapping his unzipped leather jacket. He felt pleasant coolness of the steering wheel. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] He reached a conclusion that along with Bone and Gary – who was a lover of motorcycles too – he must go on a foray through New Zealand' s roads. Only them and engines' rumble. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] Then he heard peep of tyres and looked backward. A bolting car was riding straight on him. George cannot have turned neither to the neighbouring lane, wherewith a van was travelling, nor to the tight pavement. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] He gulped and goosed up, trying to find a solution of this situation. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] The man felt going numb muscles of the palms, but he put all his strength to strongly squeeze the wet wheel. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] The van passed him by, so he immediately direct the motorcycle to the left side, to prevent an accident. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] Yet an exponential bang stopped him. He came down on asphalt, however he still saw the car' s lights, which were for the asking. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] He felt raindrops falling on his face and next unimaginable pain.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] Then he already did not feel anything. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif] Panting, she ran upstairs and loudly opened the door. She stopped and opened mouths broadly. Black soaking hair was falling on her shoulders. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “Keileigh? What happened?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] Her husband stood up and worried looked at the woman. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “Bone!” she shouted and with tears in the eyes she ran toward the man. “Bone!” she hugged him strongly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] The astonished musician took a glance at his band mates, who sat up on a lounge.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] He grabbed the woman by the shoulders and looked her in the eye. Keileigh was still quaking. Seeing this, Bone turned pale too. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “What happened?” he repeated. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “I was in your father' s house... They were calling here... But nobody... But nobody picked up the phone...” The utterances of young woman were jerky, her voice was shivering. “So they called there... The man... The man without documents... Died... On the motorcycle... With your registration... I thought... I was afraid...”[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] He cradled her and dumbly staring at the wall. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “Oh God... Oh my God...” he whispered and pillowed head on Keileigh' s wet shoulder. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif] * * *[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif] When the last sounds of the song fell silent, the applause rang out. Gary took from the still breaking into tears woman the photo, which she had been squeezing in the hand. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “See you, George,” he said, smiling. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] “See you in Heaven...” added Bone, putting the mug with wine against mouth. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif] [/FONT]

"In a moment his deep voice rang out and soared toward distant stars which earlier he had been staring at."

:applaud: Loved it!
I enjoyed reading about what might have happened on that fateful night :sad:

Liked the names :lol:
But I did read "Adam" here: "“Adam mentioned something about the lack of afflatus...” Loved the Cicero allusion:heart:

Don't worry about your English, it's only practice that makes perfect :up:
Looking forward to read more from you :hug:

"In a moment his deep voice rang out and soared toward distant stars which earlier he had been staring at."

:applaud: Loved it!
I enjoyed reading about what might have happened on that fateful night :sad:

Liked the names :lol:
But I did read "Adam" here: "“Adam mentioned something about the lack of afflatus...” Loved the Cicero allusion:heart:

Don't worry about your English, it's only practice that makes perfect :up:
Looking forward to read more from you :hug:

Thank you very much :hug: I'm glad you like it :)

Oh no, I wrote Adam :lol: The Merge is terrible :ohmy: But Edge isn't that easy to transform as Larry :lol:

And this one about voice... I had to :D

The Merge is terrible :ohmy: But Edge isn't that easy to transform as Larry :lol:

And this one about voice... I had to :D

:lol: That's true about Edge! I mean you can't even use Dave or Paul for Edge or Bono as it's their real names and you've changed Adam & Larry's, so besides what you've used, I don't know what you could have used otherwise!

Bono's voice must be talked about:cute:, no matter if it's being praised or pocked fun of :D

:lol: That's true about Edge! I mean you can't even use Dave or Paul for Edge or Bono as it's their real names and you've changed Adam & Larry's, so besides what you've used, I don't know what you could have used otherwise!

Bono's voice must be talked about:cute:, no matter if it's being praised or pocked fun of :D

I can't even think about them as Paul and Dave :eyebrow: "Paul is dead" :lol:

I just have to respond to this! I just read the story. Great job!
One Tree Hill is my favorite song and I've fantasized about the story many times. Such a moving song once you understand the story. I loved this!

I just have to respond to this! I just read the story. Great job!
One Tree Hill is my favorite song and I've fantasized about the story many times. Such a moving song once you understand the story. I loved this!

Back
Top Bottom