plastic girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue_Angel

Acrobat
I wrote this about a year ago. thought Id share it, i found it looking back at stuff ive written down. I just lost most of my poetry from the past year besides what Ive posted here when my computer crashed. damn windows xp :(

____
"plastic girl"

your angel face is chaste, motion-like
walled in the snapshots

as you walked away from this
did you wonder at what you'd miss?
my theories are busted
my hands raised & full of air
you were clean as a child
dirty like the underbelly of your dress

full and broken
and not plastic at all.

ooh love it babyg
i have nothing witty to say
but then again, do i ever?
its just the sort of gutsy poem i love
gutsy writing from gutsy girls

.....you lost your poetry???? u cant be serious. dont you write them down?! say it aint so nikki! :sad:

p.s. is there anything i can do to help u recover them?
u need me to start copying and pasting them from here into word or something?

blue angel, can I talk about plastic in your thread?

It's been an interst of mine for some time and something wonderful is happening I HOPE and it has to do somewhat with Ireland.

I campaigned once to find out how many plastic bags our local supermarkets use each week, No One would say. I wrote to the newspaper and used the phrase "white plastic marine mammal chokers"( that is kinda poetic eh?)
So this past month the truth is being spoken about publicly and just like the fine IRISH example we are going to put a levy on plastic bags( I can remember the world without so many of them...we managed...beautifully)
In Ireland they reduced the use of plastic shopping bags by 90% in about 3 months.:up: :happy: :dance: :hug: IRELAND
sorry to interject about issues other than...I like you poetry
inspirational
:hug: Blue Angel

I have been thinking of trying to find my old poetry book...my goodness!They are in an old high school text book, somewhere. Some sad stuff in amongst it....but some Ok stuff too...the Vietnam War had me worried back then and the death of a friend...I was miffed. It's been so good that you guys express yourselves here, maybe Bono collects ideas for lyrics...u just never never know eh?.:yes:

Typos..again:reject:

PS: I hope you find your book. When I started to play guitar I hand wrote out all my songs into an exrcise book,73- 80. I lost it. So when u do retrieve yours..copy copy...good luck
:wave:

Last edited:
I love this line

my theories are busted

from a feminist perspective, it seems that line is saying that women cant shake completely free of their physical appearance, as in, no matter what "theory" or intelligence they espouse, they are sexualized, great pun

thank you so much for your responsesl as always.

Wanderer, I can't even pretend to have written that intentionally, I didn't see it until you said it! I wish I was that clever.

I've hunted high and low and cannot find

my old poetry book. I have misplaced some of what should be my most precious things. My 73-80 songbook, my poetry book and when I catalogued our vinyl albums the other day , I realised "Space Oddity " is missing:sad: careless.

Anyway, I can recall the last poem I wrote and I feel like leaving Mark's mark here. His name was Mark and we surfed together, he introduced me to Hawkwind, we played guitar badly together, we walked on the beach and laughed a lotminds out of the gutter for this one please..I was only 14 going on 15 and he was 15 going on 16( he grew up in Sydney and told me he was 18, my parents disapproved). our time was sweet and innocent and too brief

Anyway, I wanted to ...just wanted to

If I could spend my life
The way I wanted to
My days would be filled with sunshine
And the warmth of being with you
You were the true one
the one who could understand......

it does go on into images about trees...I'm a rhyming poet, can't help it!But I think it was my last attempt at poetry. His brother sent a letter saying he had been killed by a drunk driver and this old photo of him. He had long long hair when I met him, but still the big friendly smile. His mate gave me th eonly photo he had of him...it's tiny, you cna just see him in it, doing a he man pose and ...of course...smiling.

Attachments

• mark1973.jpg
    mark1973.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 18
One last thing. I think it's worthwhile

It was amrk who bought the "surfing World " magazine and found the poem that has meant so much to me for a long time. he thought it was brilliant and kept showing people:wink:

So I'd like to leave you the poem and also a pic of the blue room we shared. I was stunned recently to find this postcard. It is the Point where we surfed( well he did , I waited,too many rocks, too dangerous,I only surfed off the beach)It is such a beautiful place and when I go back there.........Ii'm back there. I went there when I heard the bad news about him, that poem is buried in the ground there .
After sharing this story I hope to finally forgive. I've learnt a lot from you guys...so thanks for the indulgence and the help. I really think Elvis should publish a book of your poetry and art.....quite serious about that am I.

Marks' Poem.
How little from resources unrenewable by man
Cost the things of greatest value-
Wild beauty, peace, health and love,
Music and all testaments of spirit.
How simple our basic needs
A little food, sun, air, water, shelter,
Warmth and sleep.
How lightly might this earth
Bear man forever.

anon.

Attachments

• blueroom.jpg
    blueroom.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 13
did I say one last thing? well one last one last thing

Blue Angel I have set up camp in your post it seems. Thanks to you...even though you had no say in it
But you said PLASTIC and me and plastic are like this:madspit: :scream: :mad: :sad:

be wonderful and prolific and poetic...dream out loud.
best wishes y'all:wave:

Last edited:
cass......I am speechless. I think it's an honour to have this posted in a thread I started. I don't know what to say...thank you. I truly, truly mean that.

(I can't see the pictures either for some reason, attachments don't work for me. I am sorry, wish I could see them.)

full and broken
and not plastic at all

..always make it difficult to reply :)

~*~

Cass, thank you for all that you just wrote..the Blue Room picture is so beautiful..memories can live with you for so long~and hopefully they are never lost

u guys are kind---fullflight self-indulgence this year has been

some memories deserve losing, so this has been a year for dragging them out into the light, sorting thru them, deciding what really happened and when it happened ( I don't advice living in the past, but I would maybe advice keeping a diary from time to time, to give pobnts of reference)so sorrows...no more swimming lessons for you..."hiiiiiiiiiiiiyaaaaaaaaa"(quote from Miss Piggy)
Anyway the year is almost over, blue rooms, blue skies, lotsa blue.

Here's one for you.......my young friend arrived home early from the blues festival "because of all the blues"
She really said that
NB:a "blue" in Australia is a physical fight, fisticuffs.
or alternately, a person with red hair.It was the former she was escaping.
I love words, U guys arrange them so beautifully.
Please continue.
thanks

hey acrobat............stay flexible:wave:

I do agree some memories should have no place in someone's life..and they should never have to carry them around...I've also never been a believer that all the sad, and regretful memories should have a curtain pulled over them..they make a person what they are now..remind us of the mistakes we may have made and how we directed ourselves afterward..and of the loses we all endure throughout different stages of our life..which remind us to embrace those who we can still hold much harder..life can take complicated turns...all you can do is take in all you can and hopefully give it out as well

thank you again cass :)

Back
Top Bottom