On my sleeve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Burn

You take the pieces of my shattered soul
Grind them down ‘til they’re dust in the wind
But you should know
(You should know)
I’ll be back again
{You won’t break me}
Why do I give it all?
Should I keep some for myself?
(If I didn’t give my love to you,
it would go to someone else )
I can’t live like that,
Hiding my love away
And living like that, you’re not happy
No matter what you say
I know what true love is,
although people say I’m wrong
True love doesn’t need to be returned
Or wanted, to belong
I get hurt, beaten, battered
Find myself sore and bruised
I’ve been laughed at, spat on,
And used;
I’ve been abused.
Still, I give it all away
(Give it all away)
And maybe I’ll get it back someday
(Someday)
Don’t tell me that I’m foolish
I’ve heard it all before
Don’t try and tell me not to love you
Not to love you anymore
Go on and tell me that you’re sorry
(Let me see the tears)
Sorry you don’t love me
Even after all these years
Let me have it, tell it straight
I’m a big girl, I won’t break
Don’t try and give my love back to me
It’s yours to do with as you will
Go ahead, move on
Move on and feel no guilt
I harbor no illusions that love
Will cause no pain
I’ve been hurt by love before,
No doubt I will again
Pain will neither hinder my love,
Nor change the way I live
I will never stop feeling,
I’ll always have love to give
And I will give that love to whom I wish
No regard to wrong or right
Though some say that love will break me,
they think love will eat me alive,
Others may hide their love away,
Hide their hearts and keep them safe
When everybody hides their love,
The world’s a cold dark place.
Some people say I’m foolish
They think I’ll never learn
It’s true, I will never shade the light
of my love, no matter how it burns

Lovely, I find myself relating to the sentiment you've invested in this piece, I'd like to say thank you for posting it:wink:

This sounds like a Linkin Park song. I can put it to music, already. oh, I can't play an instrument. I can only do vocals. What do you want me to be, Shinoda or Chester?

By the way, if anybody wants to check out my poetry, go to 'Babyface Cafe', 'A Visit from Hellzraiser'.

^
I hope to God your good my son, be nice otherwise and even if something is cliche ridden and you find it to be so, be constructive with your criticism

RadRacer said:
This sounds like a Linkin Park song. I can put it to music, already. oh, I can't play an instrument. I can only do vocals. What do you want me to be, Shinoda or Chester?

By the way, if anybody wants to check out my poetry, go to 'Babyface Cafe', 'A Visit from Hellzraiser'.

I can't say I've ever listened to Linken Park.

And it already has my own music to it; I'm a vocalist myself. I also play a little guitar (I like Bono's 'I so badly want to play the guitar, and thats how I play the guitar; Badly. It fits me)

My band does need to find a new drummer, but I would hope they would be from Michigan, otherwise there would be a long commute for rehearsals. :D

ZeroDude said:
^
I hope to God your good my son, be nice otherwise and even if something is cliche ridden and you find it to be so, be constructive with your criticism

Thanks for watching out for bullies; always nice to know there's someone doing that :)

Limbo

She begs him to love her
He tells her he cannot
She pleads with him ‘hold me’
Though she knows that he will not
Sometimes, she thinks, he would sooner
Sever both of his arms than to hold her
But she remembers a time when he would,
When of his undying love he told her
She wonders now if she made it all up
This man who will no longer kiss her.
Once upon a time, he longed so for her
if she left now, she doubts that he would miss her.
How did they get to this place?
This cold lonely place with its walls
Unbreakable, unclimable, imposing walls
Which keep her at a safe distance from him
she sits all alone and recalls
There was a time when they were one soul
They were together, always,
No separation, it took two to be whole
He seems to have moved on from that,
Standing up on his own
And she can do nothing but sit there, all alone,
Hoping and praying one day he’ll come home
He’ll open his arms and his heart once more,
And she’ll run to the shelter she once knew
Without having to beg and to plead and annoy,
He’ll tell her he loves her, and it’ll be true

Gray

Longing for the dark
But Praying for the light
Wishing for relief
Yet doing what is right
Weighed down by this body
Burdened with this life
Inside, I want to let it go
Yet I struggle to survive
Living outside of my body
Yet anchored still inside
I dream of flying fast and far
But all I do is hide
I pass like a ghost
Through my routine day
And when in passing greeted,
I don’t know what to say
I hide behind a smile
Only frowning with my eyes
Making pleasant conversation
Knowing it’s all lies
I don’t feel like I belong here,
Yet I am afraid
I don’t know what is out there
So right here I stay
Moments… glorious moments
Break the monotony
And in these fleeting moments
A normal life I see
I reach out, wanting to hold the feeling near
Yet it slips through my fingers like a single, salty tear
Numb and tired, so tired…
Not strong enough to try
But those moments stay with me
Locked up tight, inside
I float through another day
Outside the world is colorful,
but inside of me It’s gray.

I was in my childlike mode, but I was not unconstructive or bullying. "Please stay a child somewhere in your heart."
Sometimes I've got more analytical days, but I just have to swing like the pendulum.
It was my serious response. I read, I answered. I did not censor. I'm not one to grease myself in, otherwise I wouldn't have a run in with the admins.

But, seriously, the first one sounds like a Linkin Park song. I can imagine it rapped by Shinoda, and the occasional chorus sung with anger by Chester. Yeah. Linkin Park are a good band for the youth of today. They are not simple-minded, and teach the youngsters about the world and relationships...

I
FEEEL
so
inar-inar-inar-inar-inar-ticulate
tiCUlaaate, ticuLAeAeAeheaheate,
inar-inar-ticulate.
Like I've been lobotimized since I wrote the e-mail to the admin. The swinging of the pendulum takes its toll. All my wit left me since I came onto this forum, today.

No offense meant to you, Sad Girl. You're probably a great poet. And that's halfway to being a great vocalist. Just letting you know, if you ever need a frontman that can rap, scream, do black death metal, *sob* music, play an illustrious, fun Mercury and a moody Irishman, in your band (more than one vocalist is an advantage, you know), let me know.

It's ok I wasn't upset.
and Yes, two vocalists can be a good but in my experience, they tend to be too fond of the spotlight to share it gracefully. :dancing:

I'm relieved you weren't upset.

Then you don't know good vocalists, if they don't know how to share the spotlight. It's part of the definition of good. Their different voices will complement the song in different ways. Now, I don't know if I would come off as a good vocalist, just because, after having been on this forum for a week, I know I don't back down from the points I believe in, and that sometimes comes across as arrogant, or infatuated... I don't know. However, I do calm down, and then it's possible to talk to me about issues.

That's that, but I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I'm sorry I don't actually have much to say about your poetry. But where are the people that are supposed to pollinate a thread like this?!? There's no-one coming! I think it's mean of them! Hey, if you ever wanna join a slightly political argument about the way this forum is run, or the problems this tour has, I'm the man for that, even if it gets me banned. It's gotta be done :)

People who feel strongly are passionate in everything they pursue. That's not always a good thing to some of the people around them, I've been the one who people just want to turn to and say "SHHHHH!!!" :shh: to more than once in my life. I haven't had a problem with the management; but I've never been the type to back down when I did have problems either.

And it's me thats the spotlight hog; It's one of my (many) little flaws. I'm extremely competetive. :)

Wow, Sad Girl, I never knew you like THAT! That's a twist in the story! That was interestingly told; I thought you were the one being pushed out of the spotlight. Let's just say, your name is a good sheepskin for you.

I don't know about the spotlight. Never been there. I don't know how I'd react. I was shy in school. But, don't you see all your spotlight hogging when you're cooled down? And aren't you approachable to your band members with their problems? I hope so.

I don't have time to listen to a lot of different bands, but what I do listen to is quite varied. From Tom Waits to the Demi-Godz to ZAO to classical music (but I don't know names, because you don't pick 'em up from casual listening, except things like the 'Moonlight Sonata' and 'Carmina Burana'). When I listen to the radio, which is a rare occasion these days, I only listen to my independent radio station (WMNF), which basically plays EVERYTHING. Independent bands, I think, are the best. I hate it when commercial radio and MTV constantly shine the spotlight on the bands that get or got a lot of promotion. Also, listening to contemporary, independent artists makes it easier to actually get tickets to see them, one of these days.

By the way, tell me where you'd rather have me reply, because I think it makes it difficult to carry on two conversations, one here and one in the Babyface Cafe.

Back
Top Bottom