OH, This Oughta Get Ya Thinking Awhile...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WKMahler

The Fly
Unlike night 1 where I was averaging 100 kbps download and night 2 that got up to 180 kbps, Anaheim is moving at 25kb and I've got 75.7% now. I joined the Regular Army, Airborne Infantry but never saw a day in bootcamp. I was medically discharged from Ft. Benning, GA due to a hearing loss I had since I was a boy. It stayed the same through the National Guard and through the Army's physical in Boston, it's the same today. The reasoning was, if I couldn't hear the enemy, trouble. Despite a honorable discharge from the National Guard, they wouldn't let me back in. I wanted to go to Korea for the closeness to Vietnam, where my Uncle James William Mahler was killed in action, 1963 by enemy explosion. I wanted to be where there was nothing like America regarding the land, where there would be some innocence away from modern day technology and Vietnam had it. Some place warm, unknown to me. I read last year that Okinawa is the one country that people live the longest, longer than any place in the world. I've beaten a man senseless when I was a teenager, he egged my moms house, I beat my younger brother for getting nasty with my spouse and almost had him sent to prison for a long time.

After 9/11/01, due to my in-laws involvement with hi classified materials, CIA, White House, Military etc. I was scared but wouldn't think twice about killing someone in self defense. Not too long before 9/11/01, my site which at the time had a section called "W. O. M. P. Weapons Of Mass Protection - Non Lethal Weapons" (in-laws business works became my own interest), well I learned after 9/11/01 the actual terrorists had been at the University of Arizona and had visited my entire site for days, believe me, I was scared.

Not knowing about you Tina and your stance on all things medical, there is just somethings doctors ought not get away with, one being how to treat those who are mentally ill. You can't keep a cancer patient, heart patient in the hospital but you can by law keep a otherwise, non troublesome to anyone person in a hospital against their will and subject him / her to any medicine neccessary to make that person better, against their will and despite his/her work/home relationships and situations. To me it is immoral and almost like a Nazi tattoo on the Jews of WW2 but only in diagnosis. E. R. doctors around here can and will even if the doctor is not a bonafide psychiatrists, diagnose and hold at will. Psychiatrists don't follow the DSM IV, the ultimate book about how to treat mental illness, recognized around the world. Schizophrenia according to DSMIV takes 6 months of hourly - weekly diagnosis yet psychiatrists around here do it in 15 minutes with total disregard to the meaning of sanity. This is why it states at my site that I am a mental health advocate - anti drug therapy kind of person. All anti-psychotics can and will increase the chances of Parkinsons Disease, Alzhiemers and Diabetes greatly in anyone who takes them. Sex drive, weight and more are greatly changed for the worse in almost all drugs. I've been reading since 2001, January of.

I don't know how you might size the following up, but consider this. Valentines Day weekend, 2004, I took my wife for a long ride north towards Bangor, Maine. Nearly 100 miles away she told me turn around and reluctantly I agreed. Almost a week or so later, it was in the regional news a Saudi business man and his wife in their private jet flew into Bangor to pick up two people. He was arrested, questioned and released. Believe what you will, he was there for myself and my spouse. Not too long after 9/11/01 when the news was always speaking/writing of trying to blame the Saudi government for 9/11/01, I turned to a site of Saudi Arabia and told a complete stranger, keep a look in on my wife and I. My wife and I had a married couple as friends then who lived one town over. The both of them for a long while, lived in Bangor. The husband always told me, "Bangor is a one horse town, you'd never find much there." After 9/11/01, well that husband had been told, someday my wife and I are out of here I hoped. Even I wasn't consciously aware of anyone coming from Saudi Arabia. I am also the same man who with my wife in June of 2004, upon heading into New Hampshire, on a highway at approx. 65 mph, was greeted by a woman in her car, driving alongside and she yelled out "you're aunt is in the secret service." It's not neccessarily a. o. k. in these here United States, something is still afoot, afoul regarding 9/11/01 and who knew what.

I for one, 13 days prior to 9/11/01 performed a song, adlib, a-cappella at the Prodigal Son of Hyannis, MA. I gave the audio to the 3 door away neighbor of Senator Edward Kennedy, the day after to give to the Senator and as well as my in-laws, Janet & Chris Morris at their door and let them and anyone using newsgroups (Google Groups) and Yahoogroups have a listen to the audio. Since that day 9/11/01, I've had complete strangers walk up to me that I didn't know but knew me on site. I'll not forget the teary eyed NYFD man and his wife and new born last summer. I stood there probably as cold as ice to the man, we never spoke vocally but took a good long look at each other, standing on the sidewalk during a Thursday night festival.

I don't claim to be financially rich, I'm quite poor financially, maybe like you but I survive.

Today as you know, Pope John Paul II passed away, I leave you now with this poem by the martial arts expert/actor, Bruce Lee.

Who Am I?
by Bruce Lee, circa, 1969.

Who am I?
That is the age old question
Asked by every man
At one time or another.

Though he looks into a mirror
And recognizes his own face,
Though he knows his own name
And age and history,
Still he wonders, deep down,
Who am I?

Am I a giant among men,
Master of all I survey,
Or an ineffectual pygmy
Who clumsily blocks his own way?
Am I the self-assured gentleman
With a winning style,
The natural born leader
Who makes friends instantly,
Or a frightened heart
Tiptoeing among strangers,
Who, behind a frozen smile, trembles
Like a little boy lost in a dark forest?
Most of us yearn to be one,
But fear we are the other.

Yet we CAN be.
Those who cultivate
Their natural instincts,
Who set their sights
On the good, the admirable, the excellent,
And believe they can achieve it
Will find their confidence rewarded
And in the process,
They discover the true identity
Of him who looks back from the mirror.

- Bruce Lee, circa 1969.

My in-laws business site is here; m2tech.us and non business, janetmorris.net

Here is the lyrics to "Leonda (I'm Coming Home)" August 29, 2001, email me for a MP3 if you want. Analyze this if you care too.
...may the sands flow through your fingers..
I am coming home again - tower one
I am coming home again - tower two
I am coming home - Pentagon
to you - Pennsylvania field.

--leonda (i'm coming home)--
august 2001

i’m comin’ home
i’ve been here before
it’s been a long, long road
traveled many times
times
been walking miles
trying to find my lady
i love her so
dearly so
she’s got my heart
keeps the child in me
my guiding light
she sets
sets me free
i’m coming home
today
traveled that walk
happy as I could ever be
i thank you
with all my heart
just where to begin
i know that love will never depart
these many oceans
are filled with tears
cry for centuries
happiness and fear
i think it’s time
i bring up my anchor
paddle on
to a distant shore
somehow, someway,
i’ll make it home
what my love will say
i'm countin’ on

so many times
i’ve crossed the lords path
i might have forgiveness
just from where I’m at
now I don’t know
about you
you had your time
you made it through
somehow, someway
you might may find
something beyond
that love be so blind
may the sand
flow through your fingers
and when that crow flies
it’ll guide you on
somehow, someway
i am coming home again
i’m coming home again
to my love
my one true friend
i’ll make you happy
i know I’ll make you cry
i’ll give you my love
all the time
when we’re alone
with the spirits who listen and talk
we may decide
on our eternal walk
someday our child
one or two
will know at least your love
and what i will put you through
under our roof
massive or small
with a fire burning
and as our child crawls
we’ll sing together
country and blues
you lead the way
i’ll try my best to satisfy
you
woman leonda
i’m comin’ home
to you

There is much to be said about monkeys getting down from trees before any human knows of a storm. People who start utilizing the brain and mix it up in the sciences of bio, micro and who knows what else, well, we've got a whole world to learn and teach from.

Peace,

William

There's alot to think about here, I've pass through it a couple of times, thank you for posting:wink:

Back
Top Bottom