My Silver Lining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I had spent my day trying to escape loneliness. Unfortunately, it had attached itself to me in such a manner that I knew I would be unable to shake it. After coming to that conclusion, I perched myself on top of a hill so that I could watch the sun melt into a mess of tears, one that was almost as fabulous as my own.

Night was upon me.

I looked up at the sky, and I saw bruised stars. I couldn?t take my eyes away from such a gorgeous pain. I wanted to understand how such things of beauty had managed to go through such a horrendous battering and still gave everything they had to shine on. I kept staring, for I knew such a rudeness could only be forgiven by something as concealing as the night. However, I soon realized that they weren?t stars.

They were your eyes.

I ducked my head down, embarrassed of my folly. You tilted it back up, and I was once again gazing into those crystal windows that hid so many secrets?wonderful secrets I?d never even contemplated. Now that I knew you had the answers, I wanted to ask the questions. Unfortunately, I could not piece together the words in a form that would be understood, and you had no way to translate your lovely secrets into spoken words. It really wasn?t necessary for us to do either of those things though.

We have a silent understanding.

Sit down beside me, and we will deteriorate together until nobody can tell us apart. We will become one in this fantastic mess of emotions where all of our colors mix together. I will reach for black, you will reach for blue. We always compliment each other like that. With a little bit of purple, I believe that we may be on to something.

I?m drawn to people like you.

You romanticize self-destruction in a way that I could have never imagined.
You wear vulnerability so well that it hurts. I?m more than happy to fill your glass?to bandage your wounds. I want to hold the collapsed heap that is your soul in my arms and listen to you babble incoherently about how heavenly my bloodshot eyes look.

You are my silver lining in this screaming mess.

Back
Top Bottom