Looking for Shakespearian ode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
after getting all excited over in Scappy's shakespeare thread it reminded me i have this silly rhyming poem i wrote about shakespeare, or should i say what hollywood has done to shakespeare.

But alas!! Woe is me!! Aye say more...

I cant find the bloody thing!

I shall get back to you, in the meantime, while Im searching my pig sty of a room, does anyone have a Will inspired piece, or a favourite sonnet for that matter?

ooh, this thread is gonna go down real well with all the tough guy U2eys hee hee
biggrin.gif

ok, I just read how much you like A Midsummer Night's Dream ZooManda, so I dug something up from long ago and I'll will post, even though it's not really an ode to Shakespeare, but it does refer to him
smile.gif

"The Endless Night"

Can the night ever be as lonely for anyone
--as mine without my love?
Can 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' feel so cold
--as mine without her fire?
Would the night ever end and splash with dawn
--if our love was severed?
Oh, but the night with my love,
--I would beg to last forever!

*Wanderer smiles at how happy he must have been when writing that poem*

ok, like I warned you, it't not an "ode to Will" but that's the best I can do
smile.gif

I watched Shakespeare in Love last night... I liked it. I don't know much about Shakespeare (sure we studied Romeo & Juliet, Hamlet and MacBeth during school, but who remembers that?), but I can guess they took liberties... it was still a good film. I really must get around to reading him properly... I'm going to be living with a Shakepseare fan soon so that should be taken care of.
smile.gif

Sorry, no Will-inspired stuff over here...

who said anything about U2? this thread was about Shakespeare and if he inspired any poems by U2 fans

check the discription of this section of the forum, we don't have to always relate everything back to U2...

Do you know the answer Skye? Is it a riddle or are you wondering why we're talking about Shakespeare?
I personally think they share an enormous lyrical talent and an ability to project emotions in words to an exquisite degree... or is that just obvious?
smile.gif

Wanderer:

I wasn't trying to kick dust on the plate. I was just trying to join in on the fun. I had no idea that my question would be unrelated.

I just thought my question was fun, and being factual, I thought you would enjoy it.

Both are taurus.
rolleyes.gif

(Skye-who believes everything in nature is related)

Back
Top Bottom