Latest Lyrics...Maybe Last Lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
The Night
~~~

The Night is ready to go out
Dressed up in her diamonds and her lace
She pulls it all together
Holding the universe in place
Silently greeting her troubled friend
Opening up her heavy heart
Listening is what she is to do
While she watches you fall apart

And The Night, oh The Night...
She gets to thinking...
She thinks:

What would happen if I felt like you?
And thought that leaving the world was the thing to do?
What would you do without me to hold
All of your secrets that you have told?
They would all miss you; you must believe so
Cling to the beauty of life and don't let go

It didn't take long for her to find out
That you didn't hear her silent cries
You've gone and left the world behind
Because you believed all of those lies
The Night feels like she's let you down
She feels that she is of no use
She has failed all of the earth
She wants to let herself loose

So The Night, oh The Night...
She gets to thinking...
She thinks:

I never thought that I would feel like you
And think that leaving the world was the thing to do
There are no more secrets that I need to hold
Because there are no more to be told
They won't even miss me; that I know
There is no beauty to life; it's time to let go

The Night never came out again
Her diamonds and lace were all destroyed
The Day's revealing golden shine
Is something no one can avoid
The Day can never be trusted
The same way that The Night could
Because The Night would let us hide
Everything that was no good

The Night, oh The Night...
What were you thinking?

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

Thanks, manda...I appreciate that.

I guess part of me feels silly for writing lyrics...always loved to do it, but what's the point? I can't write music...nobody will ever hear them...you guys can read them, but it isn't the same.

Been losing inspiration lately anyway...been becoming harder and harder to write.

------------------

please keep writing BC, you will drift in and out of inspiration, some of us here don't post anything for weeks and then have a couple in a day; if you love writing it will never really leave you, inspiration does move in mysterious ways, but you will find that writing will help you thru some of your darkest hours, and remember they don't always have to be lyrics, persay, you could just write random thoughts and often that is what some of us claim to call poetry (myself especially)

anyway, you will feel inspired again, just hang in there, there have been periods where i thought i had nothing left to write or say, and that i would never write another poem again, but it always comes back to me
smile.gif

Thanks for your words, Wanderer.

I was going through some old papers earlier, and I found a folder full of a bunch of my poems I wrote in high school and middle school. Maybe I'll find a spark of inspiration...
smile.gif

------------------

I hope this is not your last because I think this is quite beautiful. Though sad. A suicidal personified Night...strange thought. We definitely need the night, the day is not enough. About writer's block, try not to worry too much about it. It will go away in one way or another, sooner or later. I write quite a lot of non-fiction but I always feel like I'm suffering from a block about creative writing. I certainly haven't written anything like a short story for months and before that it had also been months. However, I have written a reasonable amount of poetry, partly getting inspiration from this fine forum and also making an effort to write down every phrase and thought that comes into my mind that I think can be useful. Make sure you have a notebook or something handy to write on, and especially before you go to sleep, because, guaranteed, something will come to you then.

------------------
A place that has to be believed to be seen...

hey Bonochick, that's a gorgeous song, it doesn't need any music, it has its own tune

listen to the people here and don't worry about inspiration cos that's all it is, it comes and goes but when you need to write, you'll be able to. I personally can't write if I sit down and actually try to. anyway, someone who can write like that doesn't just lose it
smile.gif

Bonochick,

I find my inspiration to write under the rocks, ya know? I mean that its everywhere, and once you've caught the bug you'll find it everywhere- maybe in a passing conversation, maybe on a drive, maybe during love-making, everywhere.

I'm guilty of letting the world around me influence my writing too much, and not allowing my writing to come from my insides, from my guts. THAT's where the gold is.

But this writing, this song... its from the guts. Thanks for sharing your gold. I look forward to reading more. - Adam

PS- you can read my poetry at my website, <www.bicyclingfish.4youthbay.com> Maybe its not inspiring, but there's fodder for the mind there.

Back
Top Bottom