'innocent and innocent I am...'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtooellen

New Yorker
Yeah, I'm not much of an active post-er around DOL, but I always admire everyone's writing whether it be songs, poems, stories, experiences, anything. :up:

Well, this week I've been drifting along the sides of 'thinking-too-much' or whatever, and I just took a pen and wrote a bit. I write a bit on my spare time, but don't have much time for it anymore cause school clogs up my freetime nowadays. I don't have anyone to share my writing with but I suppose I can always start somewhere. So, there's my explanation for my random thread.

Hope you enjoy, it's not brilliant but just words that spilled out of me. I suppose I'll explain what was on my mind as I wrote it later though. :)

--

I used to collect innocence in a glass bottle back in the day.
Before life was lost to time and before time was lost to life.

Every cent of innocence was stolen and corrupted though.
I would lay awake in bed every existing minute, wondering what made the bottle turn black and brown.
I would lay awake in bed every existing hour, wondering when this person made the bottle dry.

Maybe I should collect sorrow instead.
Picking expired heartache off the tiled floors, stealing heartache from denim pockets,
maybe I'll collect the wrong desire off my list of needs this year.
Someone must have needed my innocence more than me.

But what do I do if I knew who stole from me?
What do I do if they're only hiding from shame?
What if I understood their secrets and let time consume the past.

Unintentionally neglecting the chiming of hope and optimism in my head, I somehow found peace in the rhythm of a clock ticking away.

But I still wonder if this companion will ever return my innocence back to me.

I like it :)

Feel free to write a much as you like. It seems like DOL, perhaps, is beginning to pick up again, after a really slow and empty late summer period...

Which is a good thing :up:

Reminds me of how I feel about innocence...
Or how I felt about it.

thanks a lot for the feedback FH :)

and I'm glad to hear DOL is picking up again. I remember when I first came to interference, I always read everyone's writing in DOL :hmm: everyone's so talented here on interference :up:

--

well while I'm posting, I suppose I can just toss in what I was thinking while I wrote it.
the things on my mind were questions like: how did time go by so fast?, I feel like it was just yesterday when I was ten years old, and I got so caught up in my life that I forgot about living life freely.

but now that I read back on it, it seemed to have morphed in meaning. but I guess when you write sometimes, that can be a good thing.

youtooellen said:
thanks a lot for the feedback FH :)

and I'm glad to hear DOL is picking up again. I remember when I first came to interference, I always read everyone's writing in DOL :hmm: everyone's so talented here on interference :up:

Well you certainly seem to be.

Thank you for posting here.:wink:

Great writing.........please come by again....perhaps a glass of wine we can share....we'll sit around the fireside............I have many tales to tell......and perhaps the others at DOL will pull up a chair and sit in.

Time.......one of my favorite topics......

carol
wizard2c
:|

Back
Top Bottom