hymn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyGrace

Refugee
The Lamb leads the flock
You are my Rock
You fill me up
You fill my cup

I steel cold dark
The voice of a lark
Warbles like the sun
Teaches me how to run

A nourishing glow
Burning through stifling snow
Peace to all
It's a long way to fall

But He'll catch you

do any of you ever write poetry in church...always seems to happen to me...and it's not always about God either...

Baby Grace,

I quit going to church about five years ago now. It seems kinda strange to me now that I ever went, because I never really believed in the stories, ya know? They were all so... holy.

Then I started to experience God in a very personal and intimate way, a very spiritual way.

Now when I write I recall the sensations that church afforded me, and I love it. Thank you for reminding me of that. -Adam

You're welcome
smile.gif

I have many problems with the "holy" stories too, except that I've come to accept the Bible in a much more figurative way. It's too confusing to ever figure out, anyway. My biggest problem is with the church foundation. I believe in the idea, it's just that the church is not what it was supposed to be, if you know what I mean. I don't go to church every sunday, but when I miss it, I feel empty (even if that sounds really corny). So I look at church as my time to be at peace and figure out what God wants from me because I'm so confused about that.
I'm really glad that you've found a way to experience God outside of church, because there's no one right way, and if you look, you'll see God in everything.
-Nikki

you know, I'm not much of a religious guy, but I do have faith, and i am very spiritual... I guess my conception of God is somewhat of an abstract construct that sees God as the center of love... thank you God for letting me love, letting me be loved... I really don't know of anything else in the world that means half as much as love

smile.gif

good poem BabyGrace... I enjoyed reading that and thinking about God, I should do it more often

thanks, Wanderer
smile.gif

I firmly believe in God and I am convinced He's all about love. It's the best emotion in the world and sometimes I wonder why anyone bothers to look any further than His simple message of love. Thank YOU for reminding me of that!

Back
Top Bottom