How Does It Feel To Be A U2 Fan???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Some Days Are Better Than Others
words by Bono
music by U2

Verse 3:

Some days are honest, some days are not;
Some days you're THANKFUL for what you've got.
Some days you wake up in the army
And some days it's the enemy.
Some days are work, most days you're lazy;
Some days you feel like a bit of a baby
Lookin' for Jesus and his mother.
Some days are better than others.
Some days you feel ahead;
You're making sense of what she said.

Some days I hear a voice taking me to another place.

--------------

amen

carol
wizard2c
:|

cathou_u2 said:
:huh: I'm kinda stupid For Honor...I guess sometimes I just figure that every fan of U2 are GIRLS...coz of Bono or Larry...:rolleyes: :lmao:!!! I'm now laughing at my own stupidity!!!
I promise I won't forget it: Boys also love U2...but for different reason....:huh:

Sorry mate, I hope you're now guessing that I'm a girl, and an absolute bonolover...

See ya!!!:wink:

Hmm.....
I had a few things that essentially tipped me off that you were a girl..... :wink:

And yes, males do like U2 for reasons other than the band member's attractiveness.....:eyebrow:

Did you really think that all people who were U2 fans were women??

" So I'm back in my hotel room with Johnnie Coltrane and the love supreme. In the next room I hear some woman scream out that her lover's turning off turning on the television. And I can't tell the difference between ABC news, Hill Street Blues and a preacher on the old time gospel hour stealing money from the sick and the old. Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister. I feel a long way from the hills of San Salvador where the sky is ripped open and the rain pours through a gaping wound pelting the women and children...pelting the women and children...who run ...who run...into the arms...of America"

Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister. I feel a long way from the hills of San Salvador where the sky is ripped open and the rain pours through a gaping wound pelting the women and children...pelting the women and children...who run ...who run...into the arms...of America"

That's the part before Mother's of the Disappeared...God, such a lovely, heartbreaking song!!!!

Hmm.....
I had a few things that essentially tipped me off that you were a girl.....
Im sure about it, #5-6...were quite revealing!!!:giggle:

Anyhow, I'm glad we'd fix this!!!
And no I never thought that every U2 fan were just womens coz of Bono or Larry or...I was probably into "Bono Land' when I'd wrote that...my mind wasn't all there...promise it won't happen again!!!:wink:

"Anger is simple. Any artist knows he can do it with a black brush. That's what rock is at the moment. It's an easy thing to do: painting in black. Joy is something else. It's much harder to create because you are dealing with something much deeper and much more emotional. It's a connection with the audience that borders on faith, believing in something together."-Bono

What a nice quote...:wink:

I agree with Bono.....

but more so, it applies to most music in america these days :|
not just rock anymore

:wink: I totally agree with you!!!

Green Day are like that...do I need to say Marylin Manson,blablabla...all bashing someone over and over again!!! There's no hope, faith, LOVE!!!! It's a kind of bulls***!!! Sadly, it's true!!!

But I guess in some kind of way they make our U2 more lovable coz in comparisons of all of these "musicians"...Did I just said musicians??? Pffft...:huh:

"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, then we are close to each other." -Bono, 2001 (on his fans)

"I will admit that we are attracted to issues that unify people rather than divide them."-Bono

These are other reasons why we all love them!!! Ah...Such a WONDERFUL band!!!:cute:

For Honor said:
There is nothing quite like the tone of adoration in a girl's voice. It really is a plesant thing :yes:

:wink: Oh...Thank You!!! You lighted up my day!!! Though U2 are also lighting up my every day...It's always good to hear a compliment from another fan of U2...we're such on the same frequence...coz in the end we all feel the same for U2, whether you're a girl or a BOY!!!!

TO BONO
Rock star man
Peace and justice fan
Poet and writer
Human rights fighter
Knows his fame is a serious game
His strength is his voice
He's made his
Choice
Bono is all in the name!!!

(Poem by Helena a friend of his...really nice written!!!:wink: )

Foreword: Hello, I am Alina, I'm 17 year old russian/australian U2 fan. The ones here who are from Bono Online may know me already. I have decided to post my version of "How It Feels To Be A U2 Fan" too. It's my first time I ever written anything about U2 and it goes purely from what I think and feel about U2. Thank you for your attention and patience.

Here it goes:

As we all know, U2 is the greatest band on the planet. One lyric of one of their songs contain more meaning than that of the crappy rap, hip-hop "artists" have in all their "albums" put together. There is nothing like U2 never been, never will be.

I think it's a great honor to be a U2 fan, that means that their lyrics got through our hearts.Their songs get to me and rip my heart out. None other musician ever, made me feel that good, inspired, elevated, touched.

Thanks to four Irishmen I still have got faith in good winning over evil, belief that our world is not as f*cked up as it seems. Each and everyone of their songs carries a message, but only fans like ourselves can really understand it.

For many young people music is all about looking all hot and sexy, forget the lyrics and the melody. I cannot stand it. U2 have got everything that a band requires and so much, much more. The fact that U2 have been around for 30 years and still here a hot as ever, while many of modern bands will soon be forgotten.

I'm sorry that I haven't found out about U2 before, I feel like I lived past 16 years ( excluding this year) for nothing. No knowing and not understanding U2 meaning to me is as bad as destroying a priceless piece of art. As from the last year I became the fan my life became so much brighter.

U2 is not just a rock band, to me it's a symbol of unity of everything great this world has or should have- peace, love, justice, equality, symbol of power of human spirit and mind.

Bono, he is one of the few good people left on this planet. To me since the deaths of Mother Theresa and Pope John Paul, Bono became especially dear to me. People like him should be cherished and admired.

The heart and soul of Bono is more beautiful than that of millions of people put together. His endless, boundless beauty brings tears to my eyes, he is a very special man. The hero.

What I especially love about us, people is the fact that we are not only attracted to his looks and voice, but his heart and soul too.

U2 made me feel like I never felt before. They bring us in touch with our emotions, our innerselves. They made me understand myself and others better.

The lyrics of U2 songs are simply the best lyrics I ever heard. Their talent is as endless as our love and admiration for them.

In short I love U2 and Bono.

:wink: That was very sweet Alina!!!!

Loved the line: Their talent is as endless as our love and admiration for them.

That's SO true!!! We're all part of a big family when we're U2 Fan...we understand each other more than anyone else...coz in the end we all feel the same thing!!!

Glad that you're U2 part of bonoonline!!! I'm "bonolover" and I've post How does it feel to be a U2 fan there also on the fanfic section!!!! What's your nicname there Alina???

See ya
Hope to see you there also!!!
Cath

Alina idolizes/loves Bono, and I have posted my version there too along with Ruth. I just thought it would be nice finally to write my feelings down. I thought it would be good to post here too. You are hanging on interference more often that on bonoonline, don't you. Anyway I love this website too. Do you know anyone here from our forum?

:ohmy: Didn't realize that...hanging more here then on Bonoonline!!! But here I most of the times post small comments on Fanfic section..so it gives a push to my comment I guess...but I REALLY love bonoonline too!!! These two forums are my favorites!!!

So your name is Alina idolizes/loves Bono! It's rather cute!!!
Hope to see you there...it would be fun to exchanges mess on bonoonline!!!

See ya
Cath xxx

Yes I love this forum because of the fan fics, but I love Bonoonline because I have made mates on it and because it a tribute to Bono, who is not just my favourite singer and I love him not just because he is gorgeous.

I fell for him when I have found out about his work in Africa, his spiritualness and his care about the world. I love his lyrics, they are simply the best.

I'm totally agree with you, Cath, on your comment about modern so-called " rock musicians".

I've been so happy when I realised that I'm a huge U2 fan. I needed something that would inspire and entertain me in the same time, Ihave been looking for a rock band which would inspire me, rockers which have never dissapointed me one way or another, they are gorgeous and talented in the same time. Their music has SOUL!

Sorry I got carried away, well you get the idea I can talk about them for days.

See ya, Alina
xoxo

Wow! Alina....I could just imagine how Bono would feel if he read your message........

carol
wizard2c

That being said, I agree with you on the majority of what you said, Alina. U2 is an oasis in the desert of most of modern music...

One of the few bands I can stand to listen to.

And the should have a whole station that only plays U2, as far as I'm concerned. But I know that won't happen, not on regular airwaves, not around here.. but oh well.

Welcome aboard.

:wink: That would be AWESOME For Honor a station for only die-hard fans of U2...like us, lucky people!!!:sexywink:

It could be called something as simple as : ZOO STATION!!!!:lol:

But I guess it's only in our lovely dreams...but we can still dream about it **Go off dreaming about listening to Bono, U2 all day long...**

Anyway, Alina it's really true what you'd wrote that "rock music" doesn't have SOUL...and of course it's always feeling as paradise to listen at U2!!! They're SO unique, they have soul, passion, love for what they're doing, they're best friends...anyhow it's TRUE MUSIC!!!! We can't exactly put a word on our feeling when we listen at them, it's a mystery, and that's the beauty of it...in some kind of way!!!:wink:

Hope we'll see each other on Bonoonline Alina!!!

See ya
Cath xxx

:applaud: It would be SO great!!!! I can SO imagine me listening at them ALL day long, even though I'm still doing it on my own!!!

Great idea!!!

Ps: Have you heard that during Zoo Tv tour they'd wanted to have a Tv channel that would had broadcast the shows and other cool stuff...but I guess that it was too complicated, so it had never happen!!!:(

the should have that, too

an all U2 tv station, ZOO TV.

music video, concert clips, band interviews, everything......

that would be nice :happy:

:cute: That would be TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!

All day long I would be glued to the screen, nothing would move me!!!

***Off again, dreaming about U2 TV Station...ahhhhhh***

Staring into Bono's eyes all day long:cute: Watching Rattle and Hum and The Fly periods Until The End Of The World :drool:Spending all weekends and holidays watching U2 channel, I would forget what my neighbourhood looks like. :laugh:

:drool: GOD!!! I'm really going to die from an too-happy-heart-attack by dreaming about a Zoo Tv station!!!:rolleyes:

Bono all day long...what I would give for that...:drool:

"And your earth moves beneath...
...your own dream landscape..."

^ some of my most favorite U2 lyrics, ever

:rockon:

I really love that one...I guess I'm romantic...hope not too much...:huh:

A soul needs beauty for a soulmate
When the soul wants
The soul waits.... A man and a woman

But there's PLENTY other ones from One, to SYCMIOYO, to Ultraviolet, Walk On...seems that EVERY songs have a line or more...or actually every songs of U2 have different meanings to me...they give me something that I CAN FEEL!!!:wink:

"What once was hurt
What once was friction
What left a mark
No longer stings
Because Grace makes beauty
Out of ugly things"

I can't even begin to describe what I feel when I hear these words...:heart:

U2 in town next week.........but I won't be going........could not get a ticket.....but that's okay. I'll read the reviews in the newspapers. Besides I'll probably be out dragon-hunting that night.\ Besides I have a hearing problem and the loud music would make it worse.

I need to find that timeline out .........the last two days I have met the most inconsiderate people.........I need to move on and away from here .....where I can concentrate on my power.

carol
wizard2c

Back
Top Bottom