"home"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyGrace

Refugee
oh sweet
I crawled away for a moment
to try to scale your walls
the broken barricade
you let me in
I ran further

the light burns my eyes
paled in comparison
in the crush of colour
I was spun 'til I was dry
can I come crawling back?

I lie awake
listening for your heartbeat
and I can't help but wonder
why do You love me?
~~~

I can't write much original poetry anymore, little bit of a dead period I guess
but I will just share my emotions and thoughts with you...it's a lot like poetry
smile.gif

I know what you mean bg. I went through something similar until recently. I would start writing and it was just like the last thing I had tried to write.

Something I've tried doing (and need to do more of) is writing about completely normal things....like a cell phone, and not worry about structure or format or anything. Not because a poem about a cell phone is gonna be anything to call home about (hahahaha) but just to get my mind working.

A *really* good thing to do is to keep a notebook or pad of paper next to your bed. Your mind is most active and creative right before and after you sleep. I learned this from a seminar I went to and it seems to be true. When you're in a creative mood, does it seem like you can't get to sleep because your mind is running a gazillion miles a minute? Or when you're in the shower in the morning? Those thoughts and ideas get lost really quick if you're not careful. Keeping a pad of paper handy near your bed (or shower I guess
biggrin.gif
) and jotting down those ideas/phrased/concepts/whatever will be invaluable. I had a number of friends in college who were artists who did this and they said it was really helpful for them.

Anyway, sort of off the topic, but food for thought.

popkid, i know what you mean. Well about nighttime that is. Not morning
biggrin.gif

I write almost all of my stuff at night at about 2:00 in the morning when I can't sleep. That is my time with myself when I can think or feel anything I want, and no one is going to know or care.

Morning is another story, entirely.
biggrin.gif

but basically, I just write like every other week; usually it depends on how busy I am...
if I'm really running all over the place, I don't have time to sit down and absorb those little things that really make up life, and as a result my poetry suffers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom