Grace, in four parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

opera ghost

Babyface
Grace

I.

the moon is shining bright
tonight
it's pushing the stars down
down to the ground
it's knocking them around
the moon reflected in your eyes
distracts you from the stars
your focus is set way off
your sights are set on Mars

the moon reflects in your deep eyes
while fire burns around
you cannot see what you're looking for
Saturn can't be found

you've walked for miles
a pilgrimage
trying to find the Sea
the ocean pulled you under
distracted you from me
your focus is set way off
outside the Milky Way
you open your eyes at nightfall
close up at the break of day

the moon reflects in your deep eyes
you go home on the next flight
you've finally found what you set out for
Saturn's back in sight

II.

the World is waking up soon
put your mask on, go to sleep
don’t let them catch you dancing
let’s plan our next retreat
the daytime Sun is burning
like acid through your skin
the Moon is calling from the Sky
is calling for begin
let the Stars paint all your pictures
and Moon-light write your verse
when the Sun comes searching
don’t let her hurt you worse
just close your eyes, imagine
the Moon reflecting deep
when the Sun comes up again
close your eyes and fall asleep

III.

Grace wakes up at night with her children the Stars. She sees what no one else sees. When everyone else is asleep and there is no one around to judge your thoughts or your pain, Grace takes it into herself. Grace makes beauty out of what no one else will touch. She takes it upon herself to light up the night.

Grace looks down and sees through the nighttime sky. She hears cries and laughter, unfiltered by image and untainted by the ugliness of the world. You don’t have to lie to her or worry what she will think about you.
Grace is not harsh or brutal like her sister the Sun. The Sun sees the surface, and burns it. No matter how thick your skin is, the Sun try to get through. She only concerns herself with the outside.

Grace is gentle and soothing. In her presence, you feel comfortable and at home. She is the World’s greatest and most faithful friend. She sees the world as a whole, but understands individuality. She knows everyone, and she knows that everyone has a beauty which is unique and particular to them. Every beauty is equal, but none is the same. Without the different beauties, the night would be flat and black, for she uses them to feed herself and her Stars.

Grace has been there since the beginning of time. She has seen more hate than any man, and more war than all the worlds. She’s seen ugliness in every living creature. Plants, fungi, and, most of all, animals. Humans. Constantly struggling and fighting against each other. Still, she treats us with unwavering, unconditional love. Grace knows that we still see beauty in her when no one is watching. If the beauty in one person burns out, Grace will collapse.

Without Grace, there can be no peace or love, nothing to balance the hate.

IV.

The sun sinks into the ocean
The stars reflect into the sky
My name is The Moon
I cry in the day
I am leaving soon

Faces of angels shine out of the sky
Their eyes are honest and true
My name is The Moon
I sleep to the sun
I am dying soon

Daytime sun burns through thin skin
Reveals weak bones, sad hearts
My name is The Moon
I laugh alone
I am going soon

Light is fire, collapse
Fall to the ground, the tedious flame
My name is The Moon
I die today
I am coming home soon

-----------------------------------------------------------

I still have to come up with some sort of introduction, and transitions between some of the parts. Critiques are most welcome. :dance:

IN the first verse of the first part, the rhyming seems too forced imo although you rectify this in the rest of it, and with the rest of it all, I have no major quibbles, so good job:wink:

Thankies :) I'm thinking about taking out the first part out. I like it, I think it's a good poem, but I didn't put it in the right place.

Back
Top Bottom