FH's Thread III - - (successor to the orignial)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor< I don't want to comment here for fear of breaking your cycle> but I look forward to #6

carol
wizard2c
:|

Haiku 6

bring an orange there
As the snow flakes fall to ground:
june watermelon :slant:

Haiku 7

Evening Orchesis
Qu/t/est, trials, the process of thought
(SeeD) gymnopédie

For Honor said:
don't worry about it. You've already made a comment anyways (not that it matters with cycle breaking)

further explanation: I'd much rather you say something of meaning, as opposed to an otherwise empty post anyways, regardless of what you may or may not be interupting. I might've stopped at 5, and I might stop at 7 as well.

Who knows.

Haiku 8

Resting in pre-spring
Is it here, at last, the time?
Childhood laze is past.

Haiku 9

Pre-Regi.-Preper
Garden Salaed Green Pepers
Focus For Honors

Last edited:

For Honor, how are you doing? I did not mean to be disrespectful of your series of writings. Hope you write again soon.

I'm recovering from an awakening 6am pounding headache in
My Neighborhood....a bad dream morning which I'd rather not go into details about.

carol
wizard2c

I'm doing fine.

Don't worry about being 'disrespectful' it was nothing. It's in the past anyways.

My new thing is about staying in the moment, and discipline. So perhaps planning for the future while staying in the moment, and being efficient as possible about things.

..... I've wasted so much time today, on this friday..... oh well. I waste so much time, though ................

.................................. I talk about myself an aweful lot, too, heh.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow, wizard. you deserve one.

Glad all is well.......discipline.....that one I have been thinking about much today....my head was still pounding so I tried some new medicine the doctor gave me and it helped. Feeling better, thank you. I know what you mean by wasting time.....it does move along at a steady clip.....{I try to remember forget the past and seek the future}.

carol
wizard2c

I'm trying to do that myself.....

The pasrt is blocking my abiloity to fuly conceive the present, and futher comprehend the future. Iam unbalanced...

For Honor, you might want to consider getting a crystal.....they do work in focusing......I have many.....I have a multi faceted globe and prism......you can stare into them and reflect. As suggestion, you need not have to get anything special or magical......just an ordinary crystal is fine but try to find one of good quality with good clarity. Right now my crystal pyramid's apex is colored reddish {actually the same as the crystal in my Gandalf ring} and as you look down the pyramid the colors change in levels with views at various levels at various times which come with time.

Anyhow.....it can get complex but get yourself a crystal you feel comfortable with whatever color you prefer but I would start with a clear one. Hope it helps.

carol
wizard2c

For Honor, you may find this interesting from Wiki about Gandalf's ring. This is why I say you should consider a crystal of some nature. It gives one more balance, as you mention. Hope it helps.

carol
wizard2c
=================
Narya
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Middle-earth, the fantasy universe of J. R. R. Tolkien, Narya (the Ring of Fire or Red Ring) is one of the Rings of Power, specifically one of the "Three Rings for the Elven Kings under the sky".

"Created by Celebrimbor after Annatar had left Eregion, it was free of Annatar's (Sauron's) influence due to the fact that the Elves hid their three rings from him upon discerning his intent, but it was still bound to the One Ring. According to Unfinished Tales, at the start of the War of the Elves and Sauron, Celebrimbor gave Narya together with the Ring Vilya to Gil-galad, High King of the Ñoldor. Gil-galad entrusted Narya to his lieutenant Círdan, Lord of the Havens of Mithlond, who kept it after Gil-galad's death. According to The Lord of the Rings, Gil-galad receives only Vilya, while Círdan receives Narya from the very beginning. In the Third Age Círdan, recognizing Gandalf's true nature as one of the Maiar from Valinor, gave him the ring to aid him in his labours. It is described as having the power to inspire others to resist tyranny, domination and despair, as well as (in common with the other Three Rings) hiding the wielder from remote observation (except by the wielder of the One) and giving resistance to the weariness of time: '"Take this ring, master," he said "for your labours will be heavy; but it will support you in the weariness that you have taken upon yourself. For this is the Ring of Fire, and with it you may rekindle hearts in a world that grows chill."' - Círdan the Shipwright.
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narya"

Wizard!

I must say something - I apologize for my... coldness.. when considering you a wizard. I was foolish to have had a mocking or irreverant tone.

I understand the nature of it much more now, as I too am in a similar situation. I realize it just now, though there have always been alusions to it throughout my life.

Perhaps I will write more about it here someday soon.

Thanks, though, for all you've done. I hope we are still part of some sort of a Fellowship, if you will.

take care

For Honor, nothing to apologize for. It's that wizards are associated with fantasy...so modern day wizards are often overlooked or scorned. A fellowship it is...a fellowship it shall be....at least in a literary sense.

Please write more though as I've always enjoyed reading your words.

And thank you for believing in me.

take care,
carol
wizard2c

whatever the case, I'mstill trying to figure out just how to describe what it is I am. When I can, I'll write more here about it

Take your time, For Honor.

There's a lot I've been trying to figure out myself lately as well.

carol
wizard2c

Busy... schoolwork, finals prep....

,,,,,,,,, I'm keeping a daily log, a running log. It helps keep me focused, honestly. I wish I thought of it sooner. I'm working on self discipline and productivity, trying to figure out what steps I need to take to properly motivatemyself to get things done.

A lot of of it is just knowing what needs to be done, and then doing it, and not letting things get in the way.

.......even here, now. I should be doing something else. I know it's friday night, but I just don't enjoy Friday nights like other college students, not like that. So I'm going to get working on my paper that's due monday. So be it; it is my way. Perhaps not forever, but that's how I want it, for now. That's who I want to be-- I want to be that dedicated.

And one last thing... Greensleeves- it's a wonderful song. The holiday version by Vince Guiraldi (sp?), from the Charlie Brown holiday hits, is especially nice. It puts up an atmosphere that helps me "work", or at least that's how it feels. A sort of theme if you will. Whatever - it works for me.

How are you doing?

I'm doing okay..thank you for asking.

Just been updating the ole Hobbit hole a bit.....I have this very long antique dining table {Mexican turn of the century} which has just become cluttered with mail and goodness knows what else...so I went out to the store and bought a new runner for it and a silver globe to put in the center. It's kinda neat......a hollow world with a few mere outlines of countries standing upon a silver pedestal with an arrow running through it. Then I purchased 4 sheer striped white napkins and encircled them with antique looking crosses with a turquoise in the center of each.

So I cleared everything off the table {including the gold ring and the moth orchids}....and polished the table, set the globe on the runner {which is just a perfect choice BTW....but wizards are that way}..and set the 4 napkins with 2 at each end pointing to the corners of the runner {they represent the 4 directions of the World....East/West/North/South}.

Probably sounds strange but it is quite unique....but then so am I.

study well, For Honor, for with learning comes "wisdom"....

carol
wizard2c

The Second Decan of Taurus is also known as the Virgo Decante and the "Week of the Teacher." The influence of Mercury, the secondary planet governing this Decan, can induce interesting differences but chiefly makes for a bright and well-organized person who is an excellent communicator with a fine critical ability. Nonetheless, care should be taken to resist the temptation to find fault with others and instead, use such talent to avoid going to personal extremes. Here, Virgo traits cause these natives to be the most hardworking of all Taurus individuals...ones who like money and are sufficiently industrious to put forth the effort necessary to accumulate wealth. Not really adept at "wheeling-and-dealing," these Taurus subjects tend to believe that system, order and dedication to work will bring the desired materials gains. Very aware of details, these natives believe there is a place for everything and that everything should be in its place. The influence of Mercury will provide a good mind, mental curiosity and a desire for self-improvement, thus increasing the chances of material success and the ability to say or write whatever might be necessary to reach this positive result. Second Decan Taurus individuals count among the most effective salespersons and a career or business closely associated with selling may be the best choice for achieving the monetary rewards sought by these natives. Here, the concept of accumulating wealth hinges most importantly on economy, conservation, efficiency of operation and keeping more of what comes in, as opposed to simply increasing the intake with little regard as to how it is to be managed. It is important that individuals born under the jurisdiction of this Decan be staunch and steady, pushing the strength of Taurus to its fullest capacity. Lunar influences are prone to affect this Decan and, given the changeability of the Moon, can invoke the indolence which is one of the great weaknesses of the primary Venus nature. However, the impulse of Mercury is helpful here since it can aid in rousing an individual from the "doldrums." Second Decan Taurus natives should never take up anything they do not care for, or the inherent nature of Venus will rebel and fail to "make the most of it." Those born within this period need to set a goal and avoid petty jealousy while seeking to attain such a goal. Natives of this Decan will doubtless face many conflicts and have to overcome many physical and mental challenges before the day is through. Sensitive to noise and very detail-conscious, those who fall under the influence of this Decan detest tight schedules, interruptions and surprises. There is a tendency toward teeth-grinding during sleep and sore muscles in the neck, throat and jaw. The opinions of these individuals are strong, but are often better going unexpressed...unless particularly requested to voice them. The motto of the Second Decan of Taurus is "Struggle."

http://blog.donkeyhote.co.kr/blog/index.php?blog_code=shapeless&article_id=1546

Last edited:

For Honor, how is your studying? I'm still tidying up....it's amazing how time gets ahead of you when it comes to reading and how much paperwork builds up, so you start stacking it again on the dining room table....not this time for me....I'm keeping ahead of the game...{for now at least}...as I dust off the table and tidy the black and white runner...everything just as orderly...as you say, must learn discipline........keep things simple......{well except for the trinkets, but that's just a wizard thing}.

Hey, I heard where X-Men3 is coming out....I can't wait {one of my favorite actors is in it......guess I don't have to tell you who that is BTW}....just a hint though......."what is gold and round and Mount Doom bound".

I'm on tower watch next month again so I'm trying to relax a bit.....it is tedious work.....nonetheless...someone has to do it....{it's that one eye always out there, gazing upon the lands........}..oh well, hope all is well with you.

carol
wizard2c

are you watching the eye, or are you the eye?

I'm doing alright...

Not well enough, though. Too much wasted time.

Yes, I have been a bit spell-bound myself lately.....kind of mystified.......Mr. B says it well......the world works in mysterious ways.....yes, "the eye" of which you ask...that is something to ponder.

Actually I'm trying my hand at script writing {turns and pivots, stage right, stage left}....and props {yes they are an important part of the script...actors know that well}.

Hope you feel better...I know well about that wasted time.

take care,
carol
wizard2c

100_9704.jpg

Not a great photograph by any means, but, it's more a representation.

'er-rang I

In the air
I feel the presence
In the night
With stars above
In the ligh
Electic currents
They let me see
What I must do

In my mind
There is a feeling
So I shine
What when I can
In my heart
I am thinking
Of the time
Of what to plan

Soul wind blows

Last edited:

For Honor wrote: "are you watching the eye, or are you the eye?"

Now, if I were the eye {say Sauron's eye as an example} why would I be posting here?

Yes, your sunset is a bit dark.

carol
wizard2c

Back
Top Bottom