everyday thing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popsadie

Acrobat
everyday thing.

It isn't an everyday thing
But sometimes I can see through the mist
Sometimes, moonlight peaks out from her slumber
And unwraps the blanket she's snuggled up in
For a moment, my sight clears
And though naked and shivering, she gives me a smile

crazy, but you know what this makes me think of? sitting in an airport, really early in the morning, when the sun rises, and you're having a cup of coffee, and you're going somewhere cool, maybe home, maybe to another country, and you've got that little anticipation thing going in your stomach, maybe you're a little nervous about flying, or about your destination, but you look outside, and the sun is shining, and the sky is clear, and the planes look so amazing, and the world seems silent and beautiful, and just for that moment, that very instant, everything seems good and right, and nothing in the world matters, except that everything is right.....do you ever have that happen to you?

Thanks everyone for the kind responses...i really appreciate it. For me this poem was remembering a time when i was just overawed with the beauty of a night sky one night in the highlands of Scotland...and how peaceful it made me feel......like everything just made sense for that moment...
I really enjoy reading the other poems here.....some have really hit my heart, Thanks.

in the name of hope,peace and Love
Megan

Back
Top Bottom