Envy The Child

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizard2c

Refugee
Envy The Child

Envy the child
so gracious of spirit
so alive and naive
a balance connected
to a world so involved.

Envy the child
so free to reveal
unlimited goodness
in a stark reality
so complex and void
Envy the child
Envy the time.

A time of richness
not money and wealth
but freedom to explore
to fantasize
dream of dragons
and make believe lives
run thru fields of flowers
chasing rainbows
playful times
Envy the child
the child is wise.

No decisions to be made
except butterflies
Envy the child
so fancy free
no cares to bind the spirit
only lullabies
only nursery rhymes
only rocking cradles
only restful peace
Envy the child
the child is wise.

Too soon to grow up
where dragons become hate
and rainbows to dark skies
Envy the child
so gracious of spirit
so alive and naive
a balance connected
to a world so involved
Envy the child
let the child survive.

carol
wizard2c
:|

Thanks.......it bothers me sometimes viewing the world...how unbalanced it is......
searching for an answer to make sense of it all...it would be much easier if I just did not care what direction the world is moving thru time.........

carol
wizard2c

:up:

children are such a unique topic for writing. I always find myself thinking about children as the flower of innocence or something. haha, I'll shut up now.

great writing wizard

It's a good writing

But I completely disagree with you. I don't envy the child, who is naive and doesn't understand the world. There is a feeling of.... avoiding, running away from reality, from the truth.

Adults must care for children, otherwise children wouldn't be able to survive. If adults sought to be like children, then they'd be looking around for someone to take care of them all the time. I cannot envy that.

And only through personal effort, discipline, and choice, can a person consciously improve their life and the life of everyone else. This is something I respect, I envy.

At the very least, the children should be taught, and educated, and carefully guided. Taught how to overcome hate, and embrace making the difficult decisinos of life. Taught how to let the wisdom of the child eminate throughout the rest of its life, by enjoying everything as if it were something precious and new.

I don't have the time to tie this all together, but I want to conclude with:

Everyone are children.

For Honor...I understand where you are coming from but your concept is easier visualized than put into practicality {where did I hear that before........oh well tis not matter anyway}. Unfortunately this is not the perfect world....sure one could say guidance is golden but once power enters into the perfect world, does it truly have the ability to corrupt?

carol
wizard2c

Jesse; you’re too much of a literalist and due to that; I believe you may have misconstrued Wizard’s point entirely.

She didn’t write a thesis; she wrote a poem, it’s up to you however to decide what it is you want from art.

If indeed, it interests you at all.

May I conclude with; everything is relative and at that imbued with an inherent subjective; that more often than not reflects more so on the audience than the artist themselves.

Interesting though; I’ll give you that. :wink:

She didn’t write a thesis; she wrote a poem, it’s up to you however to decide what it is you want from art.
My reaction to the poem is what it is. I understand that I am very literal, and that I may have misconstrued things. But anything other than that would have been a fabrication of what I thought directly after having read it.

For Honor...I understand where you are coming from but your concept is easier visualized than put into practicality {where did I hear that before........oh well tis not matter anyway}. Unfortunately this is not the perfect world....sure one could say guidance is golden but once power enters into the perfect world, does it truly have the ability to corrupt?

You already said it isn't a perfect world. So the power/corruption thing doesn't matter, if you say that this is an imperfect world.

I don't see anything wrong with this world, though. Sure, there's progress to be made. But...
I don't see a fault in 'the world', or "evil" being to blame.

Unfortunately this is not the perfect world....sure one could say guidance is golden but once power enters into the perfect world, does it truly have the ability to corrupt?
When has there not been "power"?

Are you refering to responsibility, and dealing with reality in general, as opposed to staying safely sheltered inside the womb of childhood innocence?

For Honor said:
My reaction to the poem is what it is. I understand that I am very literal, and that I may have misconstrued things. But anything other than that would have been a fabrication (of the truth) of what I thought directly after having read it.

You already said it isn't a perfect world. So the power/corruption thing doesn't matter, if you say that this is an imperfect world.

I don't see anything wrong with this world, though. Sure, there's progress to be made. But...
I don't see a fault in 'the world', or "evil" being to blame.

When has there not been "power"?

Are you refering to responsibility, and dealing with reality in general, as opposed to staying safely sheltered inside the womb of childhood innocence?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom