Dream Out Loud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cowgirl

War Child
HI DOLers,

How are you doing on this charming Friday?

I've been writing in this place since I came to Interland over 2 years ago now. Corny as it sounds, this always feels like my Interland home.

I've always particularly loved the way DOL has run and how its a place not just of showing writing, artwork, photography, music etc, but more that it was a place of sharing of ideas and somewhere with A LOT of give as well as take.

Personally, I much prefer to read other people's threads, comment on them, reply and interact within that thread, then share some of my own in the hopes that perhaps someone out there may care to read it and get something from it. Thats a big part of why we post here, right?

I also think that we need to accept and remember that there are many different ideas, styles and ways of sharing. One person's art is another person's newspaper around the chips.

I love that in this place, people give each other feedback and continue the threads along, often times turning into discussions.
I admit, I don't like it when I see threads with no replies. I think it really comes down to give and take in this place.
Yeah, its just a message board. But this is a part of Interland that has been working in a way for a long time now and its great to get new blood in here, but it is a part of a message board that a lot of people love and have respect for.
Yes, I admit I have respect for this forum because what is in here is what comes from deep within people and many of us are here putting ourselves on the line, sharing whats inside us.
Many other board members make think what we write in here is crap, boring, pretentious or far too serious. But who gives?
For the people that are a part of Dream Out Loud, its a special place and I personally am proud to be a part of it.

You may wonder why I'm saying all this. I just would like, as a regular of DOL, that this be a place of give and take and that we don't forget why we write, or share here.

p.s. i didnt start this thread to get negative vibes coming out either kids. i want happy (but of course miserable deep down hehehe) DOLers :heart:

shhh people, I'm watching a profile on Cate Blanchett :sexywink:

pictures.html

i come in here and read a lot. i find it inspiring. i hope that's ok. for some reason i don't have the guts to post my stuff which is incredibly lame.

icon14.gif

Screaming Flower said:
i come in here and read a lot. i find it inspiring. i hope that's ok. for some reason i don't have the guts to post my stuff which is incredibly lame

I would love to read some of your stuff Shannon if you ever feel more comfortable doing so :)

believe me when I say I was very anxious about sharing around here a year ago. I still find it a little hard to post because sometimes I share more than I feel comfortable with.. which is why I find myself pouring metaphors over the outspoken lines, and pushing them back into the dark..I imagine people must find what I write so pretentious, and over serious.

thank you for the encouragement - you too april. i think i'm going to post soon. i just need to find some pseudo-finished ones that i like.

i don't find your writing pretentious at all paul. i love it. your poems are some of my favorite here because i like the images you use. they're very intense and colorful. :up: :)

famous rungi said:
I still fear plagiarism :eek:

Nobody else is ever gonna see my work anyway...if some schmuck swipes my work...I dunno...*shrugs* At least somebody will be enjoying it.

I am actually quite pissed off. I had been working on a fabulous song for the past month, and I just discovered that Ryan Adams has a song with the same title.

Damn you, Ryan Adams. :crack: :D

daisybean said:
I gotta admit....I really don't come in here except for to post the occassional poem....This place intimidates the so called writer in me....I mean that in the highest respect to all of you who fearlessly post such amazing things.

I wouldn't be embaressed. Trust me. I write crap, it goes up anyway. The worst that can happen is that someone reads it and doesn't respond. But for the most part you'll always have at least one person who thinkls the same way as you and will appreciate what you're saying, or the emotion in your work, the way in which you've said it...one line from a poem.

Everyone gives good feedback here too. So if you want to become a better writer, that's always a reason to post.

I have the uptmost respect for the DOLers. :)

i love this place because when i feel the need to vent........poetry does wonders. and sometimes i feel like having written it in a notebook no one will ever see isn't enough for so called "closure," that's when i post here. i love every one else's poems too, and think that there is a lot of talent going on here. i still think someone should compile a book of DOL's poems...there's some real good stuff.

:heart: laura.

I used to write poetry, but have forgotten how really and would have trouble showing

it to you.
But I read the page here now and then and find some very exciting and new and tender ideas. Thank you to those who do post here. We can see a lot of people read the work here, so it is appreciated by many. I agree with the idea about compiling it into a book or Cd rom..thingy.(see that is why I don't wrire poetry, i use words like thingy :( )

As usual I am not sure where things belong here. I see there is a photography thread in this forum, but I 'll continue on here( we are having serious electrickery supply probs, th ecomputer wnet black before..I don't want to kill it completely..I have to be quick..hard for me to do,...u know:mad: )
anyway
I thought you might get a laugh from this. It wasn't until about a week after seeing the "electrical storm " clip, I really really had that bath tub on my mind.
And then I remembered!!!
THE BATH TUB!!!
There is a long story attached to this attachment...I will have to tell it later. This photo was taken about 4 years ago and it proves my ever loyal Gustovox will follow me anywhere. I tried to grow water chestnuts in the bath tub, didn't work, but taro grows in it like a charm. But ..
I have a new idea!!!
2 new ideas!!
and it is thanks to a word I read in a poem here
COURTYARD!!!

so thank you , thank you all
I hope you get a :eeklaugh: from this.

Attachments

• yoohoolarrysplash.jpg
    yoohoolarrysplash.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 18
Here's quote that made me think of you lovely folks:

"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again."
~Oscar Wilde

Back
Top Bottom