Daughter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crzy4Bono

Refugee
Daughter

Today I watched you walk away,
Learning to crawl
Learning to walk
Arms outstretched, capturing the sun
How I love to see the world through your eyes
Seeing things I have long failed to notice
The colours on the water
The lines in the tree
The lines in me

Today I watched you take the world
Into your heart
Into your arms
And throw it up into the sky
A whole new world, fresh and unspoiled
As you put the pieces together to suit you
It fills me with joy
To watch you grow
To watch you become
My daughter

**crzy, embarrassed, runs out of the building**

My daughter is turning 2 this week and I am feeling a bit sentimental about it all.

Crzy! Come back here!
smile.gif

That was beautiful...

If I do have kids, it won't be for several years yet...I wonder if I will feel that way when/if I have them...

Thank you for sharing that with us.
smile.gif

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

oh that's gorgeous Crzy! I don't know what it's like to feel that way but I guess I can imagine how hard it must be for my parents as I tell them I want to leave home

tell your little girl happy birthday from me!
smile.gif

and you better come back and share more becasue that was wonderful

Thanks!
smile.gif

I do write a bit but am very reluctant to share... I always feel a bit like a 7 year old at a piano recital when someone reads something I've written...
wink.gif

------------------
"I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me." - Bono
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Laura, that is so precious.
smile.gif
Don't be embarrassed to share such lovely poetry. It's genuine, it comes from your heart, and it's lovely. Besides...we're all friends here, eh?

btw, love your "7 year old at a piano recital" comment. That is exactly how I feel about it sometimes. lol.

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

I think this is a beautiful poem. It is so innocent and uplifting. It reminded me of when I was a kid and what my mom may have thought of me (although I don't remember much, if anything, from when I was 2). I miss that quiet and steady state of mind I used to get into as a child when I could just stare out the window at the rain falling, watch the clouds slowly changing, or sit at the counter drawing, and those things would have my full attention for a very long time. I don't remember the last time I really lost myself in something. I'm sure having a child causes you to get more in touch with that side of yourself and maybe to generally have more empathy for others, and so helps you to grow.

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:

Seeing things I have long failed to notice
The colours on the water
The lines in the tree
The lines in me

I know this sounds corny, but one of the most beautiful things in the world is a mother's smile.

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:

It fills me with joy
To watch you grow
To watch you become
My daughter

Laura ~ That was so sweet, it really did bring tears to my eyes. I was really scared when I found out I was having a baby girl...boys, no problem, I could've had a house full of boys. But the thought of a daughter...well, it's hard to explain here. Anyway, even though my little girl is still young, I'm also filled with joy that she is in my life, that I've been given the privilege of being her Mom.

Thanks so much for sharing this.

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Back
Top Bottom