Crap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tania

New Yorker
I’m pathetic, I’m dismal, I’m sad and I’m weak
I’m useless and hopeless and futile and meek
I wait and I wonder if you will come back
Thinking I’m inadequate and worthless and oh, so slack
You got me good with your words and your selfish behaviour
I fell into the trap and it’s one I should savour
For the message is clear
But it’s not reached its aim
The idiot was me
I’m a fool, what a shame

Feel free to slag off as you wish.

I'll not slag ya, not my thing at all but the rhyming seemed forced and flippant, however I think it's good on the merit of the emotion running through it, so please keep writing:wink:

The rhyming seemed forced and flippant... ?? How can you tell that? I got an idea: How about we have a thread about ZeroDude teaching RadRacer how to do poetry? Every day that I'm still here, I'll be learning a lesson.

But, really,

Tania,

that's way cooler than the last one I read :applaud: This was such a pleasure to read. ... I got no other way to say this: It's COOL! I love it! This may not tell you anything, but to me, it's a mixture of late Hellzraiser's attitude, Linkin Park and a song by Queen. ... Like I said, this may not mean anything to you. But let me just say, you accomplished something that no-one of these wannabe poets in this forum has yet done: You touched a chord in me :rockon:

Best of luck with your future work :hug:

RadRacer said:
The rhyming seemed forced and flippant... ?? How can you tell that? I got an idea: How about we have a thread about ZeroDude teaching RadRacer how to do poetry? Every day that I'm still here, I'll be learning a lesson.

Yea I often wondered that myself

RadRacer said:

B]

I just give my opinion, this a very nice poem but then again evryone who has felt like crap has felt this way, i.e. it's good but unoriginal, I'm sorry for being a wanker though,

ZeroDude said:

I just give my opinion, this a very nice poem but then again evryone who has felt like crap has felt this way, i.e. it's good but unoriginal, I'm sorry for being a wanker though,

Honesty is important, people don't need to just hear 'yeah, it's good' every time they write something, otherwise they will never grow

I think it evoked very real emotion, but the rhythm was a bit awkward at a couple of points. I have a lot of trouble with that myself.

Anyway, I'd like to see more coming from you, you definitely have the heart of a poet!

ZeroDude said:

You are not a wanker zero, You are my Langer :lol: only messing with ya man :wink:

Mullen4Prez said:

You are not a wanker zero, You are my Langer :lol: only messing with ya man :wink:

Ya man your lucky, I can send magical forces through computer screens to sort ya out:wink:

Or atleast I think I can:|

Hey, since everybody's here, and all... ZeroDude, I was serious!

Young Mullen4Prez spoke from his schoolbench:
Yea I often wondered that myself
I would really like to open a thread, make it like a classroom, have Mullen and me sit there, and wait for people from this knowledgeable forum, about meter and such, perhaps, if they can, give us a few simple lessons, and we try to apply them, immediately, every day, like homework. Yeah, everybody loves homework!

DOL is not the place for this kind of thing. It really should be a safe place for people to post their creative work, not to have arguments.

I'm closing this thread and asking the participants to take their discussions off this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom