Courage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizard2c

Refugee
I was reading a book about Tolkien and came across an interesting thought. I'll post below and would like to hear any comments, poetry, epic tales, essays, etc. regarding it.

"Courage is the end in itself, the goal of Man."

carol
wizard2c
:|

So much depends upon courage. And in this instance Man is intended to be Mankind.

Thus, would Mankind exist without courage? My answer is no. It is infinite..from the boy asking the girl for a date, to someone trying to overcome disease, to reach for the moon and back, to not being afraid to take a chance even though one may not succeed.

I will think about this more and perhaps write some prose. It is an interesting subject.

Courage for those who venture here at DOL to add their comments.

carol
wizard2c

why are you comparing things again like that?

I don't get it.

whatever the case, take your courage, wizard. If you have something you want to write, go right ahead.

What was the point of the 2956 views thing?

it is not important, though, as you said.

whenever you're ready, though, wizard

Courage is the guys that are afraid, but go in anyway.

I heard that when I was a kid. Always stuck with me.

I don't know that mankind is defined by courage, I think you can also define mankind by it's lack of courage as well. Courage can be syonymous [sic?] with progress for sure. But mankind, as a whole, may not be all that courageous.

It's not important...forget I even mentioned the word.

I'm going over to the U2's new music video thread.....that's where it's at.....3000 views in a day {that is great....a tremendous band} after all that's what Intereference is about anyway. I have other places to write my thoughts about bravery and courage......there are other forums out there in the World Wide Web. Just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

carol
wizard2c

Back
Top Bottom