Clouds between your knees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Solar Supernova

The Fly
Clouds between your knees

when i look into the crystal ball
i dont see you there
i force you into my mind
this isnt natural, it isnt even coming easy
you used to represent everything i should want
but you no longer have what i want

i longed for you too long
i gew tired of the wait
but not before you had enough of me
now im on my way

im not going down this road again
for a little while i may be out of reach
now im looking in a new direction
this is a new path to beat
ive found my inspiration

yet when all goes wrong
i see myself turn around
i look back to see the crossroad
and shake my head at the grains ive sowed

how quickly i made yet another fatal error
perhaps its grace, maybe mercy
that the day is about to ironically end,
with me going to sleep with your digital text scrolling in my head.

-------

I know you should never explain your poems, but i am anyway. Perhaps its my natural self-warryness setting in, but I feel like I need to explain this poem a little bit.

A poem written to discuss not necessarily my problem, but someone else whom I know and the persons constant fight to find the right person, even if that person is wrong, and they know it. The first two "versus" pretty much deal with that whole aspect.

After those two versus are completed, the person moves on with a positive attitude thinking things are going to change.

Well in the second last verse, the carachter already finds himself making crucial errors, LONGLASTING errors too, referring to

"I look back to see the crossroad
and shake my head at the *WEEDS IVE SOWED"

*I dont know how to bold or use italics here.

As earnest as the carachter was to change, he now sees himself falling into old routines.

If you remember the beginning, the carachter deals with forcing his feelings onto a girl, someone whom he doesnt even care for. Well, by the end, as stated:

"how quickly i made yet another fatal error
perhaps its grace, maybe mercy
that the day is about to ironically end
with me going to sleep with your digital text scrolling in my head."

... he cant rid his mind of her wonderful presence.

This poem was to attempt to show a vast range of confusion, desire, dispair and ofcourse affection.

From the beginning of not caring for the other person to falling madly for her while doing so in a stupid fashion, and falling into her through a repeated mistake, is what this is about.

And finally the title. I chose it because of how unnatural it is. Anyone who has been on an airplane will agree that its not exactly mother earth what your flying on. Same goes with this type of "fancy" the carachter goes through. Its not natural, and maybe not even right.

I felt like I needed to tell anyone who cares. im actually rather happy with this piece, but I'd love to hear ANY comment about it. In fact, suggestions for changing any part, would be greatly appreciated as well.

Sorry for making this whole thing egomanical, I have a tendancy in real life to do such things.

That's like a line in that overplayed superman song...(Five for fighting) something like 'men weren't meant to fly with clouds bt their knees'

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

really cool poem Solar, very relatable experiences. I like to explain my poems too so don't feel bad about it.
I'll join the others in saying I think the title is awesome
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom