Bulimia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
On the battlefield
Uncertainty and reason struggle

Yearning to taste victory, I fear
Its sweetness
Bound to my weapons, I am
The enemy

Those outstretched hands
Are buried beneath the noise

Weighed down by insecurity, I cannot
See myself
Purging this feeling, I crave
An end

A bittersweet victory
Enveloping a million defeats

Hoping for emptiness, I'm left
Filled up
Forced to an ideal, I become
An empty shell

In the war for control
The consequences often outweigh the benefits

----------------

Whoa...I don't know if I should have done this. What have I done? Can it work both ways? :|

Last edited:
An empty shell

I think whenever people are forced to do something unnatural or pushed towards something unreachable, it makes them less of who they really are, for whatever reason people want homogenized perfeection, which may mean perfection in one area, but leaving them empty in others, and there's not much left of that person and that may be the greatest tragedy of all, sorry if that sounds a bit obtuse

The Wanderer said:
An empty shell

I think whenever people are forced to do something unnatural or pushed towards something unreachable, it makes them less of who they really are, for whatever reason people want homogenized perfeection, which may mean perfection in one area, but leaving them empty in others, and there's not much left of that person and that may be the greatest tragedy of all, sorry if that sounds a bit obtuse

Sorry to bring this thread up from the deep, dark confines of the second page guys, but I just wanted to acknowledge Wanderof's post....

....and to agree, I have found that when attempt to reach goals, to transcend, they often lose sight of the smaller things...they are often so bent upon achieving happiness one way that they do not see the other millions of things that can bring happiness. I suppose, in this way, they become empty--hollow, because they've lost their ability to think logically...rationality...but as well, they've lost something else: sight of the big picture. They become so consumed with one goal that it leaves them starved in other areas of their life. They are so fixated on food...it dominates every thought. They become shadows of their former selves.

Is that what you mean when you say "It makes them less of who they really are?"

Back
Top Bottom