Be a world, child..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travu2

The Fly
I originally started writing this in the "tell me your idiosyncracies" thread, but then I went off on a tangent and decided that this was the best place for it. This is just a stream of consciousness thing that I had to get out.

I sit around thinking about how time is flying by and I haven't changed the world yet.

I imagine what I would say in interviews about my music (this is an imaginary band of mine but like NIN, the Pumpkins, or P.J. Harvey where I write most or all the music).. then I feel really egotistical.

I imagine the closest friend I have ever had who I can call anytime, who listens to me and I listen to him/her, and we KNOW each other.. and what it would be like to be in a genuine loving relationship with that person.

I imagine being a lifeform in the sonoran desert, separate from humans, and just living out my days watching the sun rise and set, birds building their nests, feeling the breeze, listening to the sounds of life around me change as the day slowly passes all the time knowing that I used to be a part of the human race, that busy city out there in this beautiful indifferent desert, that pocket of shining metal and progress where people dress up in particular clothes for a particular job and sue each other and pretend to love each other and try so hard to make others believe they are important and take photographs and want and want and want and die wanting.

I have always thought we are each like a planet and I have never found a sign of life anywhere in the universe. I know there are other planets out there because I can see other heavenly bodies and the effects planets have on those heavenly bodies. All I can do is send out a probe and hope that someone finds it and understands. Millions and millions of people who have gone before me have lived their whole lives drifting in the emptiness of space, never even meeting the person they are married to.

That shadow slowly rolls across the earth, snow blows off of mountain tops, satellites quietly buzz and whir in their orbits, the president signs his name in the white house, a little boy brushes his teeth in the morning getting ready for school, a man with a gun and a camera in his backpack walks down a suburban street in the early hours of the morning, an old woman takes 10 minutes to get from one side of the room to the other, and none of this is being recorded in the universe, none of this will last. We are building out into nothing.

I once had a dream that I was by the ocean and walked out onto a pier. In the little building at the end, there was a dead angel. I changed into a loose collection of airborne molecules and rose into the air, higher and higher.. I had no control over where I was going or how fast I was going. I felt I was being drawn to a particular place.

I listen to music because it was sent from a particular place.

I love those idiosyncratic and random thought threads... most of my thoughts fall into that category anyway!
Thanks for sharing, a lot of that made a lot of sense to me.
I think the height of my own idiosyncratic flights of fancy involved me daydreaming that I saw Edge in my local employment agency, where we struck up a conversation and he told me there was nothing wrong with working at McDonald's and encouraged me in my quest for further employment.
STOOOPID! Why Edge and not one or all of the others I have no idea. And what the hell would any of them be doing in CANBERRA, let alone in an employment agency?! Applying for the job again, was it Bono? *L*
Sorry for the blather...
smile.gif

Originally posted by travu2:

I once had a dream that I was by the ocean and walked out onto a pier. In the little building at the end, there was a dead angel. I changed into a loose collection of airborne molecules and rose into the air, higher and higher.. I had no control over where I was going or how fast I was going. I felt I was being drawn to a particular place.

I listen to music because it was sent from a particular place.

Love this bit. Thank you.

you do have beautiful thoughts

I can't tell you how happy I am that I've found you guys and I can talk about stuff like this without feeling strange

thanks so much, travu2, that meant a lot to me

*moving*

*stirring*

my of my, that was some beautiful writing, you have a great mind travU2

that metaphor about people being planets in the vast, empty universe is brilliant

I was a little embarrassed after I posted this, even though it felt good to share, but this forum has a way of making all embarrassment disappear. Thanks for the wonderful comments.
smile.gif

this is really beautiful, travu2. it is an insightful and beautiful collection of thoughts.
thank you.

Originally posted by travu2:
I felt I was being drawn to a particular place.

i feel like you are too.
keep writing!

Back
Top Bottom