Babyface Art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freefall

Refugee
This is the rough. I have the finished piece in my Bristol pad, and getting ready to mail it to the band's managerial group in Ireland. I will post the finished one soon, if you are interested. Blew a couple of people away at work today with the finished product!

I am working on another piece that I can show you all later. Need to get paid first in order to access a scanner! Bono and Edge with some angelic inspiration for songwriting...

u2.jpg

My usual style is more comic book art, and my favorite character is Nightcrawler from the X-men. This is in my portfolio at the moment. Though it is not U2 in orientation, it will give you an idea of my style of drawing!

img002-1.jpg

JCOSTER said:
Wow very cool!

Thanks, JCOSTER. Looking forward to the anticipated paycheck, and longing to share the art. (And get back to NYC and advertise my capabilites! Hopefully the band will like my finished piece! That will be reference enough to gain appreciation of my talents I hope. Also want to return to art school on a part time basis and improve my technique with paints...)

Awesome works... you've definately got some talent!
I've done some art in the past so i appreciate the detail and time that goes into the sketching and toning for works like these...
As someone who hated drawing people i understand how difficult it can be to make everything look human-like, you do it pretty well...
I especially like the tonal work in Bono's face- great stuff.
I think you'd do well at art school- good luck- paints are really something special when you start developing your technique... looking forward to seeing some more of your works... :)

Freefall said:
This is the rough. I have the finished piece in my Bristol pad, and getting ready to mail it to the band's managerial group in Ireland. I will post the finished one soon, if you are interested. Blew a couple of people away at work today with the finished product!

I am working on another piece that I can show you all later. Need to get paid first in order to access a scanner! Bono and Edge with some angelic inspiration for songwriting...

u2.jpg

AWESOME!! I am into drawing Manga, and comic book And fashion illustrations) characters too, I'll be showing my stuff soon ;)

can't wait to see more freefall

Freefall said:
My usual style is more comic book art, and my favorite character is Nightcrawler from the X-men. This is in my portfolio at the moment. Though it is not U2 in orientation, it will give you an idea of my style of drawing!

img002-1.jpg

I :heart: Nightcrawler too! That looks really good.

img003.jpg

Just some more Nightcrawler art until I can get to a scanner. I messed up on the inking in my opinion, so this will never see the light of day, outside of a forum. I want to show you the finished U2 piece, but...but...:sigh: payday is coming!

And thank you for the compliments, guys and girls. I have stories that go with these pieces, and I had an inspiration for a U2ish tale, but should I go that fannish? :scratch:

Last edited:
Freefall said:
img003.jpg

Just some more Nightcrawler art until I can get to a scanner. I messed up on the inking in my opinion, so this will never see the light of day, outside of a forum. I want to show you the finished U2 piece, but...but...:sigh: payday is coming!

And thank you for the compliments, guys and girls. I have stories that go with these pieces, and I had an inspiration for a U2ish tale, but should I go that fannish? :scratch:

NIce work :up:I love drawing comic book heros, and Manga ...

Pffhaha!! Edge peeking out the window :lmao:

It's very nice though! Keep up the good work!!

Bono_2007.jpg

OK, the latest...have to get to a scanner somehow so you can see the new Edge piece, too. (Edge and I seem to have an affinity for each other! It turned out nice too!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom