"Autumn"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
well, you Aussies are in the midst of spring I suppose, but where I'm from it's rapidly turning into autumn, the weather is cold and damp, summer is ready to curl up like a kitten and sleep once again, so I give you my latest . . .

"Autumn"

Pretty flowers drenched in the Summer's blood
the Wind has blown out the Sun's fuse
nothing is lit -- we wait for the hammer to fall on our shiny metallic eyes,
and spark a new season of freshly collected moments . . .
dispersed like the air in young lovers' lungs,
all over the tender night's naked landscape,
lady day is soaked in the Autumn's frenzied passion,
the Summer's cry is silenced by the crashing leaves and darkness . . .
burried under the Autumn's carpet
blankets of orange + red + yellow swimming over the horizon . . .
behold, Autumn's bittersweet tableau!

we wait for the hammer to fall on our shiny metallic eyes

this is the line.
the line between the slipstream
smile.gif

another beauty from the man with the changing name. I havent done any in ages, Im falling way behind, Johnny Cash!

zooManda
p.s. thats your new nickname by the way

oh, I almost forgot, thanks ZooManda!!! You are too kind . . . and you may not have written any poems for Dream Out Loud lately, but you're never short on wit

*zooropamanda - the cheerleader of the ATYCLB Virgin Club* of course, I've done the deed and listened to everything including the b-sides . . .

"I can resist everything except temptation"
-Oscar Wilde

p.s. I borrowed a phrase from Bono in there, can you "see the truth behind the lies?"
wink.gif

wow wanderer -- I love the imagery in there! I really like this one:

"the summer's cry is silenced by the crashing leaves and darkness"

You definately have a talent in poetry -- nice work!

Zoomanda, I haven't been writing anything lately either -- school's been taking first priority... junior year is a pain! Oh well... perhaps I could write something about the trials of a junior
biggrin.gif

"Blankets of Color". Wow- can I rip that off really quick? Autumn has just started here.

Blankets of Color

"Phwish!" the tree talked to me!
"Squish!" the ground beneath me.

There was silver and green and brown and brown and brown... and I was in awe. I was in love. I was the only leaf who made it through the needles, the pines, the evergreens that never let go...

Now I wait, patiently, purely. God, my God, what is your will? What do I wait for so anxiously, so readily? Then it rained.

"Awwwwwwww!!!" screamed the rain drop!
"OH NO!" the moss let out her ear-shattering yelp.

Soon they were falling on me by the dozen. They cried "Look out!" They shouted "Ouch!" They bellowed with pain. My skin was ripped, bruised, torn, and my will was wearing thin.

"Excuse me, pardon me!" the small guy beside me said.
"Ooops, here I come!" yelped a little one.

Then they came all around me, in me, through me. They wanted my spot, me seat in the crowd. Then it overcame me.

"My God, my God, why have you forgot me?" I asked.
They stole my spot rapidly, and I heard one of them say "Where were you when they destroyed that leaf?"

I disappeared into the ground cover then, lost among the moss and plants. They spoke of me no more, until the next autumn came. Then I heard them say "There! I see it coming! A leaf has made it through the trees!" And I was happy.

Back
Top Bottom