Atomic Bomb Named London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cathou_u2

Refugee
Hi,
I know that the attack of London are over since a little bit of time now, though today they catched 4 men related to the bombing on the July 7...
Anyway, I was deeply moved by these attacks, I was never really concerned about these, but you know the Live 8, the G8, kinda had a lot of effect on me!!! So, anyhow, this poem is a reflection on these horrible attacks...the last one I hope!

-ATOMIC BOMB NAMED LONDON-

Their hearts were beating faster and faster
Panic took suddenly placed
Lost looks were covering everyone's faces
Security seemed to take control of the situation
But could it really erase their memories?
A powerful sound ending with black lights
Dead bodys spread over the floor
Their hearts were still beating but slower
Thoughts spinning tirelessly in their heads
Their family's suffering from an uncurable disease
Their new karma: Was he alive or dead?
Tears were filling everyone's eyes
Slipping and dropping when they saw blood
Some of them were walking, trying to escape Hell
They were desperately searching for the light
Walking and tripping, they couldn't see anything
Finally Heaven switched place with Hell
The light became brighter, sound filling their ears
Slowly, one step after an other, they escaped Hell
Peole, outstreched arms, were taking care of them
Healing theirs wounds, looking at their bruises
Feeling numb, they agreed to everything
People, were leading them to safety
But no one had forgotten to look back
Eyes reading the sign: King's Cross...

I hope you liked it, please send feedbacks!!!

THANK YOU!!!

The happenings in London really were a reflection of the global standpoint in the world - a sign of the times.

People will remember it for a long long time...

I think it is always important for people to capture snapshots of events that represent such times in history.

Good job

:wave: THANK YOU, I really appreciate what both of you wrotte!!!

I know that it's just one point of view toward the bombing in London, but still it's good to have at least a small idea of the situation!!! I just followed every morning the news in my newspaper (I'm still doing it) to understand more what was going on out there. To writte something about it I guess helped me in some way to pass the "shocked" feeling, to understand... Anyway, I'm happy that some U2-fan, know what I'm talking about!!! Thanks...:wink:

You're quite welcome cathou_u2

As a wizard I travel to many places.....many don't understand it all but I don't expect them to.

It is good to write down your feelings.....that's why those in the news keep journals to write thoughts in and later reflect on it.

Keep writing......like to hear from you again.

carol
wizard2c
:|

It was a horrendous incident, your thoughts were clearly visible in your piece, thank you for posting this here, it definitely took some bravery.

:wink: Thank you!!!

I really appreciate what you've wrotte, it makes me feel that I haven't wrotte somthing too bad after all!!! And I wasn't too afraid to post it here, because, I guess that I knew that there would be someone out here who would have understand what I actually wrotte...it turns out that there was more people that understand that horrible situation...than I first thought!!!

I'll probably post something else here soon...

SEE YA!!!:wave:

Back
Top Bottom