Atlantis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
Atlantis

Seven days without
It's snowing once again
Crawled down through the hallway
Searching for my past
Restless in the morning
Passing all the rest
Sunrise in the evening
Coming through the hole

Watching from my eyes
Feeling what I feel
It slips on down my neck
Stealing all I know
And every shade of grey
Tries to find its place
Forgotten in the view

Solid hopes are gone
Left beside the door
Broken windows open
Shutting out the heat
There's silence in my head
I haven't heard in years
Taunting all the voices
Shouting out my fears

Watching from my eyes
Feeling what I feel
It slips on down my neck
Stealing all I know
And every shade of grey
Tries to find its place
Forgotten in the winter
Hiding in the view

Ok...I guess it's time to share....

You know the idea of the lost city of Atlantis? Kindof a pipe dream, a neverending search for a dream, a myth....

Well....after being jerked around, led on, by someone I loved, I finally walked away. The seven days...that refers to the fact that it had been seven days since I stopped talking to her....

I tend to walk into relationships with my chin out like a chump. Get sucker-punched everytime. For me, love is Atlantis. Just a pipe-dream that I believe in, keep searching for, but end up empty handed every time....

There are a lot of "opposites" in the song...that's how I feel sometimes in relationships...everything is upside down and doesn't quite make sense....it's like being drunk really bad, and the world takes on a surreal feeling....

[This message has been edited by popkidu2 (edited 02-10-2001).]

Sorry to hear that the poem came out of a bad experience--but great art often seems to come out of bad experiences
smile.gif
Seriously, this is extremely good. I re-read it a few times and liked it more and more. It may be about your own painful experience, but the great thing about it is that it's not too specific, it reminds me of a feeling that everyone gets--feeling restless and unhappy, looking for something to free you from the bad thing that's just happened to you, looking for SOMETHING and not quite knowing what it is. Hope things improve, and in the meantime, this is an excellent poem that puts pictures in my mind, and a powerful feeling.

Great, popkid! Thanks for the insight into the poem, although I agree that its ambiguity allows it to apply to many situations. Sorry that you are having a rough time with love. Don't give up hope.
smile.gif

I loved this poem, just reading some old ones and wanted to bump it. So evocative.

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

Thanks scatter, and everyone for their comments.

I actually played this song last night at the bar I play at. It's such a great song to play, heavy, but strangely soothing at the same time. I can't wait for you guys to hear it when the album is done.

Back
Top Bottom